1971 Bobby Allison Charger promo car - signed back in the day

-
Woah! WTF? Those old NASCAR collectibles have lost their popularity. That's just nuts!

They are trying to sell a signature. The one in post for is a true dealer promotional model w/box. It's still listed on the high side for a '71.

I did some research.

The Allison car was made from real MPC dealer promos, taken apart and modified by adding a roll cage and ripping out the passenger seat. Chassis was painted black, body red and gold. Decal number sheets are custom. Sponsor decals are from the Isaac Daytona model!
"Allison" sticker applied over the original promo box.

There are groups that look for this car: Coca Cola collectors, Mopar fans, Charger fans, Allison fans and guys that just collect rare promo cars.

I know that a 1971 purple Charger promo can bring 700+ if mint and in the original box. This Allison coke car is priced a bit high, but the guy will negotiate since it states "or best offer".

The signature on the box is icing on the cake. That, IMO, places the car higher up the desirability list. Bobby Allison didn't sign a lot of stuff, like Richard Petty did.

I did some research.

The Allison car was made from real MPC dealer promos, taken apart and modified by adding a roll cage and ripping out the passenger seat. Chassis was painted black, body red and gold. Decal number sheets are custom. Sponsor decals are from the Isaac Daytona model!
"Allison" sticker applied over the original promo box.

There are groups that look for this car: Coca Cola collectors, Mopar fans, Charger fans, Allison fans and guys that just collect rare promo cars.

I know that a 1971 purple Charger promo can bring 700+ if mint and in the original box. This Allison coke car is priced a bit high, but the guy will negotiate since it states "or best offer".

The signature on the box is icing on the cake. That, IMO, places the car higher up the desirability list. Bobby Allison didn't sign a lot of stuff, like Richard Petty did.
Plum crazy color dusters, chargers, cuda's sell high because of the rare color. I've been collecting Mopar Promo's for years. If the Allison car is a great deal, it will sell. And if it sells, I doubt it will be a promo collector, it will be a Allison fan collecting a signature (which is fine, i might add). Doesn't take away the fact that it's a neat piece, because it is!

Last edited:
I had about 200 Mopar promos years ago. Had to sell them for $$ to put into a real car!
I had all 3 colors of the Coronet Convertible. All the purple cars, mint boxed.
My 71 cuda had the RWL tires, too!
Had a few 1966 Valiants! Had a WHITE 70 Charger test shot. Had a 1971 Challenger Pace Car in orange. Was from a Chrysler exec that sat in the Keller Building in Highland Park.
Supposedly, a dozen were made in may, 1971.

I had about 200 Mopar promos years ago. Had to sell them for $$ to put into a real car!
I had all 3 colors of the Coronet Convertible. All the purple cars, mint boxed.
My 71 cuda had the RWL tires, too!
Had a few 1966 Valiants! Had a WHITE 70 Charger test shot. Had a 1971 Challenger Pace Car in orange. Was from a Chrysler exec that sat in the Keller Building in Highland Park.
Supposedly, a dozen were made in may, 1971.
wow, you had some real desirables!! Some $$$$ too...
:thumbsup:

had a small fortune wrapped up in those promos! It was fun finding them. Went to many toy shows in Toledo. I was lucky enough to get some stuff from guys that worked for MPC in the 60s. :thumbsup:
Had a mint boxed MPC 66 Charger slot car, petty blue, grey interior.
Always liked those full scale hard body slot cars!!

-
Back