1971 Dart wiring issues

-

318 Ron

Reaction score
My 1971 Dart has the running lights and interior has power with key removed. I replaced headlight switch no change.
Lights stay on with switch removed also.
Any ideas?

Do you have a wiring diagram? If not, go to MyMopar and see if the FSM has one in it. Go back to the basics with a VOM and a power probe.

My 1971 Dart has the running lights and interior has power with key removed. I replaced headlight switch no change.
Lights stay on with switch removed also.
Any ideas?
You need to be more clear...........Running lights, you talking about side markers? Those have nothing to do with the key.

Please explain what you mean "interior has power."

"Lights stay on with switch removed." You talking about the light switch? If so, you sure someone hasn't changed/ hacked the wiring? Otherwise, you have a cross in the harness "somewhere."

One example might be if the rear harness is pinched where the rear seat interacts. The dome circuit is hot all the time. If it crossed in the harness to the tail lamp circuit, it could do that. Not sure what other ways to this might be.

You need to be more clear...........Running lights, you talking about side markers? Those have nothing to do with the key.

Please explain what you mean "interior has power."

"Lights stay on with switch removed." You talking about the light switch? If so, you sure someone hasn't changed/ hacked the wiring? Otherwise, you have a cross in the harness "somewhere."

One example might be if the rear harness is pinched where the rear seat interacts. The dome circuit is hot all the time. If it crossed in the harness to the tail lamp circuit, it could do that. Not sure what other ways to this might be.
Just checked again, side, front and rear lights all on battery connect no key . Door buzzer goes off like lights were left on which they obviously are, Headlight switch is disconnected currently.
Seems like I was wrong about interior power dash lights were off.
Noticed lights were on after a cruise and I never touched the headlight switch on the entire ride.

-
Back