1971 dealership picture

-

dusterdon

Reaction score
this is a postcard I got a while back. Looks to be 1971. there's a 71 340 duster, a 71 cuda and a 70 cuda out front along with all of the family cars.

scan0001.jpg

Man, wouldn't it be something to be able to go to a dealership like that today. And no giant balloons and flags!

I tell my son, (in the Avatar with his 74 Dart Swinger) that those were the days! You could easily custom order a car. You had a wide choice of color / engine combinations. Each year the car had a different look, ( as oppossed to the current 4-6 year run on most body styles you see now). MOPARS looked like Dodge. Chrysler, Plymouth cars and not like everything else out there, foreign and domestic. You could get actual flyers / brochures of cars, rather than being told to look on line for information. I was 9 years old in 1971. My first car was a 1969 Dodge Ploara I paid $300 for in 1979 at the age of 15. Imagine buying a car thats only 10 years old for $300 now! I hope my son cherishes his first car and keeps it forever, because I sure wish I had.

I got my license in 1971. This is the dealership I used to go to when i needed parts for my cars. Now that I've figured out how to use my scanner, maybe I'll throw some pics up of them.

that would be so cool if there were two big ole burn out marks at least half way up that street.(i bet somebody did it).

ive always loved too look back at old pictures like that and see cudas, roadrunners, demons, darts, high impact colors u name it, just sitting there but its hard to find pics like that i love to see more pics like that.. there should be a website dedicated to pics like that

I see the Brady Bunch station wagon out front!
Where's Carol and Mike?

WOW!!!! That really brings back the old thougts that I havent had for a

million years. Yes I was born in 55. My aunt had a very low milage black 57

300 with red interior. I remember myfirst ride in it..my god. It was like

floating on air, it was 1969, the car set in her garage for all those years with

the fins hanging out the door. It was soooooooooooo long. Yes I do

remember those car lots...I remember seeing a green Super Bird on an Austin

TX lot for ages it seemd like. Had a chance in 75 to buy an orange one with

a 440 4/V for $2500..hmmmm.

Talking of cars in my past...I would be a million air if I still had some of

these and sold them...73 "SD" Formulia Firebird..$3300..gone. 70 429 Boss

Torino..$1800..I was told that only 4 were made years after it was gone. 69

Road Runner 383 Mag...honestly $50...just called the junk yard one day and

told them to come and get it. Thought that I didnt have money it so it didnt

matter. 70 RT/SE Challanger Plumb Crazy white interior..$250..running driving

car.. 383 magnum auto...gone. 69 Vette..$3500 427 4 sped with a mako

shark kit on it..gone. 3..yup 3...69, 70 and 71..this was in 1980 too Porche

911's for $800 EACH...in Germany I would sell them to the new soldiers as

they came into country for a profit....$3500 each...LOL. 70 AMX 390 auto

silver with red ... $1500..gone. 67 Chevy II SS..350 Horse 327

auto..$200..driving very well..gone...Dont let things go by guys..get them

while ya can...THATS why my 20 year old son is getting what he wants

NOW...and he will keep it all. We are building a 67 Dart 440 and thats

exactly what he wants...ya gotta let the kids have fun and play...dont ya?

Jeff..

Dont let time :clock: run out on ya guys....
we are only here one time...live it UPPPPPPPP
I am 53 and will NEVER STOP :twisted::twisted:

Im with ya Ryan, love seeing these cars in their heday....Speaking of which how's the resto coming? I love that decal package....D

Wow thanks Dusterdon for sharing that pic!
Thats crazy to see a 340 Duster on the lot like that....awesome:thumbrig:That's what year I was born and that's the year of my 340 Duster.......well one of them...lol

Of course! Carol and Mike are inside buying that Cuda Mike use to drive on the show. I always enjoyed watching the Brady Bunch cause they always drove MOPAR! Here's another one for you... Watch the movie every which way but loose, or Vanishing Point, you can see an exact match to the dealership in the post card. I miss the old Cherry Creek Dodge in Denver, CO!=D>

-
Back