-
Status
Not open for further replies.

demon sizzler

Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Contact seller
Rare A-59 code 1971 Dodge Demon Sizzler. I have owned this car since 1993. It currently has a '68 440 I installed in it using Schumacher engine mount kit, TTI 2" under chassis headers, re-built 727 trans with full low band apply forward manual valve body and deep trans pan. I also installed a Holley Street Dominator intake, Direct Connection blue anodized valve covers, Moroso 8 qt. pan/matching oil pickup and MP windage tray. Engine runs fine and has 'tricked-out' full race T.Q. carb. Was originally a 225 slant six car.

This is a factory Hemi Orange car with most of the original paint and stripes. It has the factory bench seats with Hounds Tooth cloth inserts and factory color-keyed grille and headlight doors.

I drive the car several times a week to work and to local shows/cruises.

Factory 340 suspension, front sway bar, Ralley wheels/trim rings, Tough wheel, AM/FM radio and air conditioning and tented windows.

Converted to manual steering and 8-3/4 rear with 3.91 Sure-Grip. I will sell the car with the 440 for $6,500 OR:

will sell it without the 440 engine/headers/727 trans and with a 365' short-block with zero miles and brand new MP 340 swirl port big valve heads that have not been assembled and with new 1 pc stainless 2.02" int/1.60 ex valves, double springs
and 10 degree locks/retainers. 365 motor has Milodon 7 qt oil pan/matching pick up, billet timing set, std/std '74 360 crank, Melling hv oil pump, new cam, main and rod bearings, new H beam full floating rods on Speed Pro H116CP .030 over, big Comp Cams hyd .507" lift and 244 deg @.050" and a new Holley Strip Dom intake. This engine and parts are not in the car. Only the short block is assembled. Price for the car body and all the 365' engine parts is $5,500. I will also include a nice and hard shifting 904 trans with a Fairbanks 3,600 stall converter for the 904.

The car is drum brakes, all lights work and absolutely no electrical problems. A/C is not on car since it was for the 225 slant six.

I also have the original Sizzler striped hood but currently has a fiberglass lift-off taller than stock Six Pack scoop.

I also have extras for the car at additional cost:
'71 Ramcharger hood with both scoops,
rebuilt Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers, spindles, dust shields and new cross-drilled rotors,
A body bucket seats with tracks,
750 cfm Edlebrock carb,
727 A engine trans,

I am looking for offers-serious offers in the range of $6,500 for the car with the 440(not including any of the extra parts)

Would consider trades on a '68 Road Runner/Satellite OR '68 Super Bee/Coronet Body. I do not need an engine or trans. May consider other '66 to '70 B bodies......NOT interested in anything else!!!

Car is in the metro Atlanta area.

I have about 45-60 pics of the car; email me for pics @ [email protected]
or call me @ 770-500-5413, David.

DSCN2146.JPG

DSCN2153.JPG

It seems to me like its a real good price!

Ever ran it down the 1/4 mile before???
If so,best time an mph?

is there really rope holding the radiator or just a build picture?

It seems to me like its a real good price!

Ever ran it down the 1/4 mile before???
If so,best time an mph?

I have not since I just did get the car drive-able. I still have some small things to address like a trans leak.

Anyway, I am not happy with the big block swap at all. The TTI headers DO NOT impress me much. The clearance at the manual steering box and the 'small' late model Mopar starter is terrible. I have put together two other 440 A bodies that had Hooker and Headman fenderwell headers, 2" tube to be exact. And I did like both cars pretty well. The clearance around the trans dip stick is absolutely awful and I know without a doubt the mini starter is doomed from header tubes too close. And the engine is exactly where it is supposed to be after careful measuring per Schumacher specs.

So with just the few mentioned above complaints of many more, I am likely to just sell the body minus the drive train and use the money to put the 440/727 trans in a B body when I find the right one.

**The pic of the rope around the radiator filler neck was to secure the radiator(a '69 440 C body 26") so I could assemble the fan and spacer on the water pump and have proper clearance to the radiator core.** Notice no radiator hose as eluded to above.

I have two people interested in buying the body minus the engine/trans, and hopefully I will sell it and find a decent B body, David.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back