1971 Demon Rallye Dash schematic

-

J.B.

Reaction score
I just purchased a Rallye Dash for my Demon that didn’t have its cluster….does anyone know where the wires go to what terminals?

IMG_8622.png

IMG_8623.png

IMG_8621.png

I did a rallye dash conversion on my 71 scamp and I used the wiring diagram from the 1971 Plymouth service manual and converted my non rallye harness, I also know that you can purchase a laminated version of the diagram from various vendors on the intrawebs

Screenshot_20240122-192202.png

Red is dash illumination
Green is most likely left turn signal
Blue is high beam indicator (thanks S'cuder)

Last edited:
View attachment 1716196204

Red is dash illumination
Green is most likely left turn signal
Blue MIGHT be oil pressure indicator light
Blue is the High Beam indicator.
The corresponding hole on the other side of the center pod is the brake warning light.
I don't believe there's an oil pressure light on Rally Dashes. Maybe some years, but not '68.

Screenshot_20240122-192603.png

Green right side turn signal

Red dash illumination

Magenta brake warning light

White with black dot is 12v feed to the IVR IN the fuel gauge (Verified on R-T Engineering website)

Black with white dot is fuel sender feed

Yellow are 5v out from the IVR in the fuel gauge and the feed of 5v to the other 2 gauges.

White is the sender feed for the temp gauge

Blue are the ammeter feeds both sides are battery voltage ( one comes from alternator the other comes from battery

Green with black dot is oil pressure sender.

Last edited:
View attachment 1716196208

Green right side turn signal

Red dash illumination

Magenta brake warning light

Black with white dot OR white with black dot is 12v feed to the IVR IN the fuel gauge

White with black dot or black with white dot is fuel sender feed

Yellow are 5v out from the IVR in the fuel gauge and the feed of 5v to the other 2 gauges.

White is the sender feed for the temp gauge

Blue are the ammeter feeds both sides are battery voltage ( one comes from alternator the other comes from battery

Green with black dot is oil pressure sender.
Perfect thank you

Perfect thank you
You CAN NOT mixup the 12v and fuel sender if you do you WILL fry your fuel gauge.

You MUST ground the cluster to the car either thru the mounting screws or a dedicated ground or you WILL fry your gauges

You CAN NOT mixup the 12v and fuel sender if you do you WILL fry your fuel gauge.

You MUST ground the cluster to the car either thru the mounting screws or a dedicated ground or you WILL fry your gauges
Which bolt do you use to ground cluster?

Any of these will work green circles

Screenshot_20240122-192202~2.png

Screenshot_20240122-192603~2.png

If the cluster is out it must be grounded to function on a power supply.

If the cluster is in the car the lower ( I believe) mounting screws provide the ground. But don't quote me on that.

It is that way in 67.

Any of these will work green circles

View attachment 1716196242

View attachment 1716196243

If the cluster is out it must be grounded to function on a power supply.

If the cluster is in the car the lower ( I believe) mounting screws provide the ground. But don't quote me on that.

It is that way in 67.
It's a good idea to run an auxiliary ground wire from one of the screws to a chassis ground. Putting a bayonet connector on the wire helps if you need to pull the cluster out.

-
Back