1971 dodge colt

-

horsehead

Reaction score
Well, my 71 duster deal fell through. I spent 8 weeks going back and forth with the seller. Im actually glad its finally over.Heres my question.I was looking through a local trader magazine and found a 1971 dodge colt with a 273 engine,mp .484 hyd. cam,ld-340 intake,steel crank and headers.It has a narrowed 8 3/4 with 4.10 gear.Winters manual valve body and a weird winters shifter,converter stall unknown.It has MT tires all around. The fuel cell looks like a boat tank.I checked it out this am and it sounds real nice and strong. The car is a 4 door.I was thinking I would convert it to a 2 door.The paint job is glitter green and has a nice looking scoop.If I buy the car I would like to repaint it jet black.The bodys in real nice shape albeit ugly paint. Anyone familiar with colts? I think I can buy the car for $1800. I never seen one of these before but it sure looks like it has potential.It looks like an old toyota corona. Anyone familiar with the dodge colt?

I just read sox and martin raced a colt. Im going to check the car out again tonight.The little 273 in it now thumps.I think it needs big block motivation though.Thanks dakota ya gave me a name for the car.My pos colt.

There's a two door one for sale on this board. Looks pretty nice with a 360.

That car looks super nice.The one im lookin at is nowhere as nice as that car. If I buy the car I will need to go over everything. I figure with Bristol raceway 30 miles away it could be a lot of fun. Im 6.3 and my head hits the roof.I will post pix if I buy the car. Wait til ya see this thing.

-
Back