-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orionsax7

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone. I've decided to sell my Demon.

1971 Dodge Demon, originally Plum Crazy. I've had this car for about six years. It originally had a 225 slant six but I replaced that with a 318 V8 and 727 trans. That includes the steering link with the drop in it to clear the oil pan. The engine mounts are from Schumacher (www.engine-swaps.com). I also completely rebuilt the front end - all ball joints and bushings - except for the lower control arm bushings with a kit from Performance Suspension Technologies (www.p-s-t.com). I replaced the original front disc brakes to the '73 and up single-piston disc brakes and replaced the rear end with an 8 1/4" rear end. This changed the bolt pattern from 4" to 4 1/2" to fit many more wheels. Finding replacement parts are also way cheaper. Along the same lines, the torsion bars were upgraded from stock to a thicker size, can't remember the exact size but it was a step stiffer than stock, and installed a sway bar. New master cylinder. The brakes are very sensitive and seem to lock up but I got used to it and never tried to figure out why. The 727 trans runs great and has a TF-2 trans kit installed. Lokar kickdown cable. B&M Quicksilver floor shifter with B&M shift cable. Original shift lever still in steering column but not connected. The engine is a 318 but the heads are 1971 360 J-heads with small valves and can still be cut to fit the large valves if you choose. The heads were rebuilt but I didn't touch the short block. The block itself is already .030" over and I didn't want to bore it out anymore since my plan was to replace it with a 360 anyway. It is topped off with an Edelbrock dual plane intake and Holley 650DP. I drove it this way for 4 years in Los Angeles and drove it from there to Fort Worth when I moved averaging 18MPG for the trip. Oh yeah, the rear end has 2.73 gears. After the move I drove it here in Fort Worth for another year and it has been sitting in my garage for about a year now. As far as the body, The right front fender and the front lower valance have been replaced as you can see in the pics but there are no panels missing. The left rear corner by the tailight was damaged at some point in the car's history before I got it and I haven't done anything with it. Some rust in the lower door panels. Misc emblems missing. Vinyl top worn and tearing. Haven't started this car in months but will be toying with it the next few days preparing for all your visits! I am selling this car to jump start my financial makeover and get out of dept. Please ask all questions and I will be glad to respond with any info possible. More pics upon request through email. I don't guarantee to have all receipts but will hand over all the ones I have in my file cabinet.

Demon008small.jpg
Demon009small.jpg

Demon001.jpg
Demon003.jpg

Demon010.jpg
Demon002.jpg

I see you are doing a Financial Makeover - Did you take Dave Ramsey's course?

I am actually looking for a "new" daily driver and live in Keller. Would this be okay to drive everyday? How is the interior?

Thanks
Gary
817-713-7576

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back