[SOLD] 1971 Dodge Demon EV2 340 auto for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree on the bumper. With the guards on it, it's probably a later model one.

Found this other 71 Demon 340 car with the same scoop. Makes me wonder. Is it possibly right? Any way here what shell look like when all done plus a black top which I think helps sets off some of the orange.

Attachments

• d78eeda0.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 243
Heres one more with vinyl top.

Attachments

• driverfrontside.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 246
Found this other 71 Demon 340 car with the same scoop. Makes me wonder. Is it possibly right? Any way here what shell look like when all done plus a black top which I think helps sets off some of the orange.

Its a common swap but the scoop wasnt available till the 72 model year so theres no way an early car could have that scoop.

Per the tag that car has a SPD of Oct. 27 1970 so it isn't the earliest but it IS an early build car.
That hood paint matches because it looks like the engine compartment was painted.
The hood is NOT correct for that SPD on a 340 Demon.
Rear bumper is a 73 also. like you said it's 40+ years later.
Just an FYI
Ron

I goofed up and meant that it was an early build car, not a late build car.
As for the originality of it, i wasn't there when the car was built, so i don't know.
Chrysler might have been playing around with the idea of the snorkle scoop for the '72 model year at the time this car was built and it might have slipped through the cracks.
Never say never.
Again, it's a good restorable car regardless.

That's very true in my experience. Dodge Boys did a lot of crazy stuff back then. No one can really say with any certainty this was not something that was done. Could have been an introduction of the later hood to see the interest or acceptance. Anyone's call. Never the less, it's an easy and relatively inexpensive swap to whatever hood you might think is correct or want on the car.

The A Body 727 transmission I have for sale, if you buy the car, was completely rebuilt and only used for a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back