1971 duster quarter skins

-

Butchie7284

Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone here have any insight on these skins? Is it pretty much a full quarter from the quarter window/body line down? What I mean is that are the mating areas in the door jam, tail light area wheel well, rocker and lower rear quarter the same as the full quarter or will I need to stitch weld all seams? I’m curious because I don’t need or want a full quarter.

4668033A-82B0-4A85-9C39-73E67D37208F.png

Hey guys! Anyone here have any insight on these skins? Is it pretty much a full quarter from the quarter window/body line down? What I mean is that are the mating areas in the door jam, tail light area wheel well, rocker and lower rear quarter the same as the full quarter or will I need to stitch weld all seams? I’m curious because I don’t need or want a full quarter.

View attachment 1715886198
Trying to fix some rust?

Yes you will have to stitch it all the way down. If it were my money and car I’d buck up for the full quarter from amd at $649. Then it joins at all the factory/inconspicuous locations giving probably a better end result.

I also don’t know how to weld so maybe my advise is no good…. Lol

the oer ones look like goodmark
upload_2022-3-11_10-12-2.jpeg

Unless you need a whole quarter don't install one. Keep all the original body lines and edges. Especially the door latch areas.

Last edited:
These skins are made to fit over the original quarter. If you put it on at the door jam after removing the original quarter it moves wheel house back 3 /16" If you put it over the original quarter it closes the door gap. These should be used for patches only . I have these quarters and AMD. I also have installed both. Beware if using as one piece. Leave your original door edge and place the wheel opening where it belongs. Work from the wheel opening out.

My uncle gave me his 1971 curious yellow 340 duster and I want to gather everything now for when I start to restore it
Jealous. My brother has a 74 with a 318. 340’s might as well be cast in gold. And those 71 tail lights are on way cooler

-
Back