1971 GY3 340 demon

-

chrisf

Reaction score
i posted this over on moparts but figured here is a good place to brag too. lol

been looking for a project for a while. this deal just happened out of word of mouth from my buddy. its a original 71 340 4spd citron yella demon. (does it get any better?) i bought it yesterday. the guy i got it from bought it in 1974!! was parked in 1982 in heated storage and only driven for 2 days in 1986. its in need of a resto and the rear quarters are hiding some pinholes under the bondo. but its a super soild car. totally numbers matching too. motor, trans, carb dist ect ect. just need some odds and ends. even came with a NOS grill and headlight bezels

he was sad to see it go but i am going to do a full resto on it. will need some parts and going to post those in the wanted section

happy would be a gross undertstatement right now.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

this is an awesome score. do it slow and do it right and don't cut corners and this will be a very nice car of low production and highly valued. good luck!

Nice score, sounds like my find, it was in the garage since 91 when it was retired from the race track.

Congrats on your great find. I am now restoring a 71 Duster 340 GY3. I hope to have it painted by this fall. Take your time and do it right. See Ya!

We like braggers *IF* they post pictures. Keep them coming and good luck!

i even found this thing behind the back seat too. probably dont need it eh? just chuck it?

floors are amazing, it needs zero work on the floors, one inner is wrinkled from a accident the last owner told me about and maybe a slight drivers frame rail tweak. we will get it on the frame rack in the next few weeks if all goes well. needs 2 patches i am guesing around 3" each behind the rear tires. thats all for metal work.

i am really excited to do this project..

one question for you guys. this is a bench seat, basic interior, non sport mirror, hubcap car, if i kept the original parts and went buckets,sport mirrors and rallye's would that detract from selling it eventually or would the bonus items add to the desireability?

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0016_2.JPG

IMG_0015_2.JPG

If you save everything to include in the sale you'll be all right for an average sale. To get the top buck keep stock (original) as possible. You can't go wrong with original ever.It sells better than any after market things you can do. If it is stock than the next owner can change things from square one. If you have already changed things they may think twice about it.

I'd prefer that car stock, bench seat and all. very few were equipped that way, keep it as it was or it just blends in.

None of those add on options will hurt that car at all. A few small changes like you mentioned will probably make you more happy with your car. Just get ready to spend alot of money, but its worth it! See Ya!

-
Back