Located in Missouri
Photos in A-Bodies photo gallery
Respond by PM

Attachments

• Duster Liberty Cruise 4-30-11.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 759
beautiful car....but it's not restored, it's modified
good price though

Numbers are matching except for the engine. The 340 that is in it is a 1972 340 that has been beefed up and has had a competition cam put in so it is as fast (or faster) than the original.

Yes, it is an absolutely beautiful car and so fun to drive. We have won a lot of plaques and trophies with this car. It is a head-turner!

We're getting older and we have downsized. This beauty has always been garaged and still is. But now, with only two garages, my everyday car sits outside!! We had to make a choice between our '71 Demon and our '71 Duster. Had to make a choice.....................:sad5:

Thank you for your interest in the Duster.

It has been painted the same color that it originally was. The seats - front and back - are the original seats that have been reupholstered. The upholstery was originally all white leather. We chose to have the purple leather inserts put in the white leather. Same H code dash, same tranny but added a Stahl. Same rally wheels that it came with. This was a special order car that had all of the bells and whistles.............map light, turn signal indicators on the top front fenders, GoWing, scoop, 340 decal, power steering, etc. If you could place this car as it looked in '71 when it rolled off the showroom room floor next to this car as it looks today, the only difference in looks is the purple inserts in the upholstery.

Numbers are matching except for the engine. The 340 that is in it is a 1972 340 that has been beefed up and has had a competition cam put in so it is as fast (or faster) than the original.

Yes, it is an absolutely beautiful car and so fun to drive. We have won a lot of plaques and trophies with this car. It is a head-turner!

We're getting older and we have downsized. This beauty has always been garaged and still is. But now, with only two garages, my everyday car sits outside!! We had to make a choice between our '71 Demon and our '71 Duster. Had to make a choice.....................:sad5:

I don't suppose you have any interest in showing us the Demon? I really like Demons better than Dusters. Looks like it is also FC7? :happy6::happy6::happy6:

By request - picture of our Demon ------

Attachments

• Good Guys Picture.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 602
  • Demon back seat.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 608
  • Demon Driver's Side interior 3-13-09.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 627
  • Demon Trunk 3-13-09.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 599
  • Demon Side 2-8-09.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 585
It has been painted the same color that it originally was. The seats - front and back - are the original seats that have been reupholstered. The upholstery was originally all white leather. We chose to have the purple leather inserts put in the white leather. Same H code dash, same tranny but added a Stahl. Same rally wheels that it came with. This was a special order car that had all of the bells and whistles.............map light, turn signal indicators on the top front fenders, GoWing, scoop, 340 decal, power steering, etc. If you could place this car as it looked in '71 when it rolled off the showroom room floor next to this car as it looks today, the only difference in looks is the purple inserts in the upholstery.

Car looks good. BTW the snorkel hood was added, and is not original to the car as delivered brand new. In 1971, all factory Plymouth Duster 340s came with flat hoods. The snorkel hood was common on 1972 Demon 340s and on later factory 340 abodies from Chrysler.

My brother was a Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge car saleman from 1968 - 73, Bob Banning in Hyattsville MD.

Banning's Bounty Hunter Mopars were well regarded in the NHRA SS and Funny Car / AA classes.

The Hamtramack website has all the Chrysler dealer / sales people materials issued by Chrysler in 1971. Google the name and follow the link.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/index.shtml

I have a brochure from '71 showing the Demon with the snorkel....and, you are absolutely right (now that I am looking at the brochure more closely), the snorkel hood was only available on the Demon in '71. I learn so much on this website....... Anyway, the Duster I have is an awesome car!

I need to take a pic of the fender tag and post it. As for the hood, it is coded J54 - Sport Hood 70-1.

That scoop is 72-74 Demon Dart Sport only. 340 Duster never came with any scoops, the Duster Twister came with the 340 Dart Swinger scoops for 71 only.

That scoop is 72-74 Demon Dart Sport only. 340 Duster never came with any scoops, the Duster Twister came with the 340 Dart Swinger scoops for 71 only.

Adam is 100% correct. The Hamtramck website posted earlier has all the original Chrysler factory brochures, that were issued to the dealerships.

The J54 code posted for 1971 factory 340 Dusters refers to the hood insulation pad package, not a sport hood option.

Chrysler did not offer a sport hood option with any form of hood scoops, either individual scoops or snorkel hood - as now installed on this car - for 1970 or 1971 factory 340 Dusters.

The two individual hood scoops as seen on the factory 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 - was offered on the 1971 Demon 340, and the Duster Twister.

But the factory 1971 Duster 340s had flat hoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back