1971 Plymouth Duster

-

dewsky

1975 Duster 360
Reaction score
OK Guys.....There is an ad that has been posted on the Wichita Ks Craigslist for a 1971 Duster with 46,000 original miles on it. The car is a slant 6 with a floor shifter and the ad just says "he does not want it anymore". I cant afford it, but someone should snatch this one up before it's taken. I hope this makes it through the system. Good Luck Guys

That is a horrifying stripe and color combo.
Green and sun burst yellow? Really?!?!

That cars been up for along time altho last time i seen it posted it had a diff story to it . some one died or some thing like that . Its the most fugly thing ive seen in along time i thought that the 1st time i seen it lmao . who in there right mind would put that green stripe on that poor car .

I would drive it

wouldn't pay 7 grand for it, but id pay 20 bucks for gas and rock it till the wheels fell off

Looks solid. Not a fan of the paint and wheels but that's nothin some money can't fix. A bit steep at 7k unless he can find someone who actually likes the car as is

Stripe is terrible, but I'm looking for a 70-72 duster. Not anything perfect, just a solid, complete car that I can drive today and build tomorrow. Just hard when everything I find is many hours and miles away. Still looking, though, and I will eventually buy...

Hey guys, ya'll are kinda of givin me a complex here. I paid 42 bens for Goldie here in this photo just as you see it. All original (except a one over single stage paint job) 318 Gold Duster with a few engine upgrades. Very solid , no rust car. I have been through this car and the only spot of anything was a spot on the inner fender well where the battery rests. Build sheet, clean interior and such.
Is the yellow car that bad of a car?? I understand about the pricing, but after reading the comment it's only worth 2k?
No offense to anyone commenting and none taken. Maybe I just felt a little off guard of my purchase.

sideviewduster.jpg

cruzin your car looks fantastic--- compare yours at 4200 vs the 7k ugly striped thing, no contest.

plus yours is a v-8 car, most likely a disc brakes/8.25 rear car also, that car is a slant 9" drum brake with a 7.25 rear--
simple math ugly car no offers good looking car with correct pricing =SOLD!!!

it is always easier to comment than put up the $$-- if anyone is serious I can check it out after Christmas

a good starting point on that car is 1/2 his asking -- since he is so over priced I would not even bother him.
much like the California guy looking at a rough demon for 10K -- not worth the effort dealing with that
Lawrence

Hey Lawrence, thanks for the kind words. This is my first mopar and I looked for quite awhile before I went to to take a look at her. She ain't a 340, but she is a very very solid car. The only drawback to the darn car was who ever owned (I am 3rd owner) it wanted (I guess at one time ) to put bigger tires in the rear and snip/folded the fender lips. Ain't no rust there, but I hate it. It's the only thing that was done to the body or chassis. It's all good. I will just take a cutoff wheel and trim the excess well lips in a clean radius and have the little cut lines welded in and smoothed out. Your can't tell from really looking at the car. But ...I know their there...LOL
The 71 would not be too bad for a transplant without the stripe and of course the price tag...:)

Yea Cruzin, I don't agree with the $5k too high comment either. I gave $2200 for mine and it hasn't run in years

Btw, you have a BEAUTIFUL car!!!

Heck....I'll probably be dead in the box by the time I get the darn thing where I really want it to be. But.....it keeps me out of trouble and I love to tinker with it all the time.
That is when I am not reading all the good learning info on the forum.

the yellow ones a turd....the green one looks like a very nice ride

If the owner of it were a member here everyone would be singing a different tune.
Heaven forbid if anyone ever does anything but a generic *** glue on butt stripe, a twin scoop/6 pack/HEMI scooped hood and a body color engine bay.

Yep, horrible stripe, both design and color. You paint something like that on your car, you'd better plan on keeping it a while, or taking forever to sell it. You have to wait for another guy who like ugly stripes to come along.
Everyone else is going to want the car much cheaper, cause they have to repaint the car.

-
Back