-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan77

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone. Im new here so bare with me. I just bought a 1971 plymouth scamp. I havent had any luck finding some parts I need. Im trying to find both rear quarters, front driver fender, front bumper and Grill. Anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome from a fellow Scamp owner. There are a ton of companies making rear quarters. You need a set of '71 Dart quarters. Auto Metal Direct is probably the highest quality, but you can also get them from Goodmark, Year One, Paddock, and just about anywhere else that sells Mopar parts. The front fender you will have to get used as no one is reproducing them yet. The fender, front bumper, and grille are all '70-'71 Duster pieces. '72-'76 parts will work but there are some slight differences like the marker lights on the fenders. My Scamp is a '72 with '73 fenders, a '70 Valiant grille support, '69 Valiant hood, and a '70 Duster grille.

Welcome, You could even install a 70-76 Dart Swinger/Sport or Demon entire front clip if you wanted to. I have seen 70-71 Dart/Demon front ends on scamps. This will make it appear that its a 70 Swinger. The only outward thing that gives it away are the Scamp only tail light lenses.

There is a 71 valiant 4 door in the yard at montgomery alabama. If that fender is the same, I may be down there in a few weeks and can check/get it.

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your build. What is your location? The parts you are asking for are a little hard to ship so if we know about where you live mabby some one close buy will have what you need. Good luck on your build.

That's where I bought my 68 Formula S Barracuda about 6 years ago. Used to be a guy that ran West Coast Car Connection there. He was a GM guy that used to pick up cars from California, brought them back to Michigan. Do you know if he is still around? His website shut down a few years ago.

It has a 318 and 904 trans. but I just got the engine out, cleaned the engine compartment, and started removing the interior. It was a vinyl top, that was removed, and I found a big problem. Not sure if I can continue this car. I hope its repairable. Im so bummed out right now.

It has a 318 and 904 trans. but I just got the engine out, cleaned the engine compartment, and started removing the interior. It was a vinyl top, that was removed, and I found a big problem. Not sure if I can continue this car. I hope its repairable. Im so bummed out right now.

There are several people around here who have done a roof swap due to rust. Look around for a little while, I remember seeing a couple of threads on the subject. Don't loose hope, especially if it's just the roof skin that is rusted.

I was unaware that was possible. Ive never heard it before. Thank you...... I was getting very discouraged.

Im trying to figure out how to post a pic from my email. Its just a hole by the drivers rear window. It would be covered by molding but if i dont fix it, it will just get worse.

Its not actually the roof thats rusted, it I guess would be considered the window channels?..... I took the trim off where the window would sit completely rolled up and there is a hole in the rear pillar. I dont know the technical terms for these places so hopefully you can understand what Im describing.

It can defiantly be patched by someone with the sheet metal skills. don't listen to your buddy on facebook though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back