1972 383 Gold Duster build

-
Next was the 8 3/4 , as luck would have it , found a bent axle flange , and defective drums that wound lock up when you tightened down the rim
Running a Holley sniper to feed the 383 , installed the efi tank from tanks inc

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

So I started reading through this thread thinking to myself, what a turd. As I watch you transform it into something incredible, I'm thinking to myself, "I have to make some meaningless post so I'm subscribed!" You do fabulous work!

Wow.....what a transformation! Looks really nice. Is that the Moulin Rouge from newer Challengers? It looks good on that car. If you're doing front disc brakes, double check your proportioning valve. It looks like one from a drum brake car. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup:

Nice work! I'm glad you're saving this car. Lots of people would have just let it go.

Last edited:
So I started reading through this thread thinking to myself, what a turd. As I watch you transform it into something incredible, I'm thinking to myself, "I have to make some meaningless post so I'm subscribed!" You do fabulous work!
Thank you , I had a lot of help !

Wow.....what a transformation! Looks really nice. Is that the Moulin Rouge from newer Challengers? It looks good on that car. If you're doing front disc brakes, double check your proportioning valve. It looks like one from a drum brake car. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup:
Thank you .,the code is an early paint code, Icm gonna change the prop valve out to a disk set up ..

IMG_2636.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

IMG_2627.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2639.jpeg

IMG_2634.jpeg

IMG_2635.jpegHere are some pictures of the fuel, lines, cables, fuel tank, and exhaust that I ran next .

Here I am installing the trunk seal and drilling out the rivet for the side glass frames to blast and paint them .

IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3036.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg

IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

Here are the rear quarter glasses with new seals , razor bladed the glass, and blasted and painted the frames . Used steel wool 0000 grit on the stainless .

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3036.jpeg

IMG_3055.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg

-
Back