1972 440 dart, make great race car project.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
ok guys, posting for a buddy. we went and picked him up this dart a few years ago, got the engine running, did a little work in the engine bay, and it's pretty much sat since then. he doesn't have the room to complete the project and just wants out of it at this point. as you can see from the pictures, the car is pretty solid. it does have it's dings and dents, but not much rust to contend with. realistically this is the best candidate for a garage paint job race car i've seen for a while. it could use a quarter depending on your metal skills but there's enough spare parts in this thing to rebuild about 5 darts. as seen in the pictures.

the good.
already installed is a complete 440 and 727 transmission
A body 8 3/4 with 3.73 and a sure grip.
the engine runs.
not much rust
enough spare parts to fill the car.
under body large tube, full length headers.

the bad,
i'm going to have to list this as NO TITLE. when we brought it home, the title was already filled out from Michigan. it was a salvage title where we were told once it was back on the road, a simple hwy inspection would warrant a new title, however upon getting it home the last seller had incorrectly filled out his address in the wrong place....so technically we have a useless piece of paper that the fine us court system would rather us crush this classic than be allowed to restore it. I may be able to get my buddy to try to contact the last titled owner again, but not sure, again the worst thing about the car...

notable spare parts,
2 driveshafts
3 total steering columns
a spare deck lid
multiple sets of rims and trim rings
old school direct connection valve covers (ones cracked if i remember right)
old school porcelain plug wires
bucket seats
washer bottle
906 extra heads
new front bushings
new motor mounts
complete disc setup
extre dash

the way i see it, despite the title condition, the engine is worth at least $750 as it runs, the trans probably 500, the A body 8 3/4 with sure grip is a $850 piece.

load up everything in the garage for 2900, or make offers on anything pictured for pickup/part out. will seperate engine/trans but would rather leave the rear end in the car so it can roll. for 1850 on tires.

Thanks guys.

let me know anything you are looking for or see pictured!

located in ohio right next to summit racing 44260

sale of body and interior panels pending to mopar5

Price on chrome air cleaner lid sittin in the trunk? And any floorshift columns?

i hate to cost myself a sale buddy but look at this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3001K/
they could have that on your doorstep cheaper than i could even pay postage for it.
same with filter. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3000/

i would guess all the columns were column shift but i will look. i just ground the bump off of mine on my dart, painted it, and pointed that part toward the ground. can't even see it.
thank you!

i hate to cost myself a sale buddy but look at this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3001K/
they could have that on your doorstep cheaper than i could even pay postage for it.
same with filter. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3000/

i would guess all the columns were column shift but i will look. i just ground the bump off of mine on my dart, painted it, and pointed that part toward the ground. can't even see it.
thank you!

Thans johnnymac! And thanks for the idea for the column. What did you do about the light in the gear indicator on the column?

i left the light, it still lights up with the rest of the gauges. the little orange indicator comes off with a screw. i have a floor shifter with a gear indicator.

i'm going to update this as still no cash agreements.

the body is my priority. i want that gone first and foremost. i have had several offers but havent heard from one in 48 hrs, and havent met an agreement with the other.

body by itself with the interior pieces that i have, including headliner,rear+side glass,buckets, kicker panels, door panels, all the exterior trim for a vinyl top whichever steering column the key from the door matches, reparable front grille, nice headlight besels, manual steering box, front disc brakes. ect, ect,ect.
1000 firm. with NO rear end.

next, A body 8 3/4.drum to drum, sure grip. 3.73. $850

rolling body with wheels and the rear still in it..you guessed it! 1850 and you get the wheels.

440 engine that ran about 6 months ago. no carb but complete beyond that. even has a dizzy. $750

727 big block bellhousing, with (B&M? maybe) converter $500.

extra disc brake setup with upper and lower arms, upper and lower spindles, calipers(would need replaced or rebuild). and caliper brackets. $250

extra fiberglass front driver side fender, really nice shape. $200

extra dash, pad is pretty rough $50
spare front fender extension. $75
pictured mopar direct connection valve covers, have some aluminum welding repair. $150
3 engine bay wiring harnesses. $100 a piece
spare 906 heads, i believe these were the HP mopar heads. $200 will need cleaned up, good cores
deck lid, very clean $350
2 sets of 14 inch trim rings. $50 a set
two driveshafts.
1968 dart GTS driveshaft, 727 yoke, measures 48 in from center U to U joint $200
another "dynamic balanced spicer speedshop in toledo ohio driveshaft. 50 inch from U to U, smaller yoke, i'll have to confirm it's a 904. if it is, 200 also
2 rear view mirrors $20 ea
mopar orange ignition box. $50
complete jack assembly $75
2 spare heater blower motors $50 ea
2 spare washer bottles. $30 each
2 spare headlights $40 pair
radiator and fan shroud...not original to car. not plastic bit deff later model. $50

any of the major parts i listed like the deck lid and fender ext and doubles and triples...i'm not tearing the pictured body apart. just an FYI

will sell body with engine, trans, rear, and interior, rolling on rims for 2900 firm.

other than that i can continue parting it all out and making alot more than that so no lowball offers on the package please. this car is pretty solid and even with no title it's not rolling off my property with the 8 3/4 ($850+) still in it for the first low cash offer.

i may even deliver within a FEW miles of 44260 for meeting my asking price and cash in hand first.

for the smaller stuff you pay shipping!

thanks everyone!

Are the headers sold? DO the bucket seats have tracks? Thanks Rick

Floorshift column collars?
at least one of the colums is floor shift, it has a key release on it i've never seen before on a dart. i dunno what you mean by collar? the trim piece that gues on the bottom of the dash?

Are the headers sold? DO the bucket seats have tracks? Thanks Rick
i still have the headers, and i believe the buckets are as pulled from a later model mopar...the tracks should still be there but i'll verify once i'm home.

The top half of it. It is all bolted together.

it looks complete to me, here's the one that has that key release.

also here's the trim rings, fender extensions, fender, dash, and the other stuff i hadn't pictured yet.

also found 3 flexplates, a speedo gear, 3 spare tire wingnuts, and a bunch of battery hold downs if anyone needs one.

Would you sell just the collars or just the whole column? Shipped to 33594

so you just want the top half of the column? no steering shaft or mesh guard. correct? or are you just wanting the interior color pieces of molding...? sorry not sure exactly what you mean by collar.

are the trim rings 14" or 15" I'm looking for 15" ones?

if yours are what I need what would you be asking for them? I would need at least 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back