1972-73 tail stripe

-

forced 340

Reaction score
Hey guys. Is there a stripe kit out there for a 72-73 swinger? I know a 70-71 stripe will work, but the marker light wont be centered. I know painting on one is an option, but im trying to avoid that. Can a 70-71 stripe be trimmed down to fit? just looking for options.
Thanks guys!

I'm not real familiar with the stripes on the Darts, so I went online and looked at some pictures. I see what you're saying about it not being centered (first pic). The second pic shows more of what I assume you are looking for.

Seems like you could cut the thick part of the stripe down to the proper width (before applying it to the car), but you'd have to be careful to get it even. Then the tricky part would be to apply the thin front stripe separately and even with the center stripe.

Here's a thought,.... I know Performance Car Graphics makes the '70-'71 stripes. Have you thought about asking them if they could make you a thinner stripe to work on a '72-'73 body. Don't know if they would do it, or what they would charge, but it might be worth contacting them and asking.

Another option is to contact a vinyl sign company and see if they could make you a custom stripe and what it would cost.

fl0116-231796_3.jpg

dodge_dart_drag_car2.png

Here's another thought,.... It looks like there may be a little room behind the stripe to slide it back without getting into the bumper or the bumper recess. Maybe you could slide it back far enough to get the marker light more centered in the stripe.

Kind of looks like that's what they did on the second pic since there seems to be more stripe on the lower valance.

yes and yes! I had thought about asking for a custom stripe, but wasn't sure if there was a kit out there. ive been looking, but had no luck. if I slide the stripe back, it will get into the body line. not sure how it would look. thanks for the advice!

I see what you're saying about sliding it back.

I'd call Dave at Performance Car Graphics and talk to him about your options. They know Mopars and offer a lot. He may have made one in the past for someone and can do it again. I've heard others say he can be a little cranky :) (Can't we all?) but he has always treated me right. I got my instrument cluster decals from him and had him re-number my odometer and test/clean my speedometer on my Charger.

-
Back