1972 Big Block Charger

-
Took the afternoon off from working on the Charger to dig out my 70 Challenger R/T - now it is not quite so sad looking. I plan on starting on it right away. Hope to have it ready for paint in about a week. I'll start a new project thread on it as well.

sad state of affairs 3-31-10.jpg

8-13-10 a.jpg

8-13-10 c.jpg

8-13-10 d.jpg

Took the afternoon off from working on the Charger to dig out my 70 Challenger R/T - now it is not quite so sad looking. I plan on starting on it right away. Hope to have it ready for paint in about a week. I'll start a new project thread on it as well.

I can't wait! You have done some amazing work with Challengers over at cc.com

Great work.
I whish I could move in your pace, heck, then all of my cars would be in mint condition, and the house would be done both inside and outside.LOL

Is it ur personal challenger? do u have more than one?

Yes, that is my personal Challenger. It's a numbers matching R/T 383 car. Unfortunately, it is my only one right now and it will be for sale as soon as I can get it closer to being ready. Been collecting parts for it for about 5 years and have almost everything I need for it. Hopefully I'll get enough for it when I am done with it that I can fund our move back to Florida and leave a little change in the pot for another Mopar - I've never been without a Challenger for more than 6 months since I was 17 and I'd hate to break that trend...

I see a Duster parked outside with a dent in the rear quarter following the drivers door. Also I see a '66-67 B body (primered) in the garage.

Are those cars customer cars - for restoration?

What part of FLA are you moving back to? My daughter attended FSU in Tallahassee, and my grand parents lived in Osprey FLA (south of Sarasota) before passing.

Yes, that is my personal Challenger. It's a numbers matching R/T 383 car. Unfortunately, it is my only one right now and it will be for sale as soon as I can get it closer to being ready. Been collecting parts for it for about 5 years and have almost everything I need for it. Hopefully I'll get enough for it when I am done with it that I can fund our move back to Florida and leave a little change in the pot for another Mopar - I've never been without a Challenger for more than 6 months since I was 17 and I'd hate to break that trend...

well, I hope it doesnt. I have come to really like ur work, you do a great job. :cheers:

I see a Duster parked outside with a dent in the rear quarter following the drivers door. Also I see a '66-67 B body (primered) in the garage.

Are those cars customer cars - for restoration?

What part of FLA are you moving back to? My daughter attended FSU in Tallahassee, and my grand parents lived in Osprey FLA (south of Sarasota) before passing.

The '66 B-Body is already gone. It is the one featured in the September Mopar Enthusiast Magazine

completed_pic_2.jpg

The Duster is a customer's that kind of abandoned it. He was supposed to come by about 5-6 weeks ago to give me a deposit to get going on it and never called or showed up.

Moving to either northern Palm Beach County or southern Martin County in all likelihood. Grew up in Broward County and have a lot of family and friends still in the area. Plan on opening my own sign/graphics/restoration shop.

I have family in Titusville too!! How cool. My Pappaw work for Nasa for quite a few years and my Great Grandpa retired from there as well.

Looks like some of my pics got lost in the server crash. Haven't done anything since I installed the stripes because I was waiting on parts from Legendary. They came in about 2 weeks ago so my plan is to wrap it up this week.

Attachments

• striped 5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 277
  • striped 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 286
  • striped 1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 277
  • buffed 7.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 261
  • buffed 4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 267
Cool ride! I'm currently working on a 72 Charger SE. It was og. a 400 car but now has a 440 in it. Nice to see those stripes too! I just picked up some from you on ebag. I wish my qtrs and fenders were as nice as that car.

This is a cool project. It seems that b-bodies are welcome in this section so I might add mine in to. The Moparts crowd does not really appreciate much unless it seems bone stock.

This is a cool project. It seems that b-bodies are welcome in this section so I might add mine in to. The Moparts crowd does not really appreciate much unless it seems bone stock.
They are mostly dolts over there.

Man, Gary, I cant wait to see this bad boy wrapped up!:cheers:

Been busy the past couple of days. Installed the new vinyl top, installed the new dash cap, and put in the new carpet. Today's project is the headliner

Attachments

• DASH BEFORE PIC 3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 210
  • DASH BEFORE PIC 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 204
  • DASH BEFORE PIC 1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 209
  • VINYL TOP INSTALL PIC 7.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 215
  • VINYL TOP INSTALL PIC 6.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 215
  • VINYL TOP INSTALL PIC 5.jpg