1972 Dart Swinger

-
They're 245/45/17 now, but in those pictures the rears are 255-50-17.
I like the Cragars too, but when I put the front discs on it I had to do something with the wheels because of the bolt pattern change.
-Jon

Here's the comparison of the rear with the 255's and then the 245's. The first picture is 255 the second 245. There really isn't much difference overall.
The weather's been too nasty out to get any better pictures yet.
They're Yokohama ES100 tires. 280-AA-A rating.
-Jon

phpwiWonAPM.jpg

phpqYBYMOPM.jpg

...and here's one test fitting the pistol grip handle. It's a repro from summit that I modified a little to slip into the push in style Hurst shifter.
-Jon

SI855757.jpg

I like it so far. Are you leaving it that height? Whats the rest of the plans for it?
I had it lower in the front, but it was too close to the bump stops. I'll leave it that height unless I can't get the alignment close enough.
It's a 5.2 Magnum with megasquirt fuel injection that we're looking to fire off next week. Overdrive 833.
I've already done more than I ever planned to it, so the plan now is to get it running and driving well and then drive it. We all know how that goes though....
-Jon

They've been spoken for locally, but if he falls through I'll let you know.
-Jon

sweet, thanks. I love your car. looks cool... idk, maybe it's just the teenager in me but i kinda like the rough look. Doesn't look right with the Mustang wheels on it though. Just my oppinion...

Very cool project! Kinda like the rims. Might look better with the spokes and centers blacked out. Let us know how the mega squirt works out.

always a day late!! Man those Cragars I would love to have an Im local too... well- RIchmond way.

Put me 3rd on the list if the others dont take them!!

Car looks awesome!

I like the guage in the original socket idea! I did it to my M body but I installed 3 guages. The oil and water were mechanical and this made it somewhat dificult,but it was a matched set of sunpro guages that were the right size for the holes in the dash. I filled the hole in the dash with a body plug so there is a spare hole for another guage. Car is now gone but all the guages and lights worked!

Well, it's been fired off and road tested for a couple of days now.
The Megasquirt fuel management is great stuff. Special thanks to Peter Florance for the help getting it right.
Hopefully all that's left now besides little stuff is just driving it.
-Jon

SI855795.jpg

SI855799.jpg

SI855803.jpg

SI855805.jpg

Hey Jon what size exhaust did you go with? I want to replicate it as closely as possible on my 72, but I dont think VA will let me dump it in front of the rear axle.

The exhaust is a 2.5" kit from Jegs and a universal 2.5" Y-pipe from Summit that we modified to fit.
If you're going to get an annual safety inspection I think you'll have to exit in front of the wheels or out the back. I still plan to do the tailpipes, probably during the winter. The turndowns were to get it on the road and to the first show and that was 5 months ago now.
-Jon

cool dart, any updates? how is the megasquirt working? still happy with it? What version are you using?

I'm running MS2Extra and it'd been great. We out probably 500 miles on it last summer without incident and it's cruising at over 20 mpg.
-Jon

I really like what you've done with the motor swap and the voltmetre upgrade !!

3 questions :
- Is it an original EV2 Hemi Orange ?
- What plant was it built at ?
- IF from Hamtramck , what's its sequence number / scheduled build date ?

Keep up the great work :)

-
Back