1972 Demon Build

-
Awaiting window glass install on Tuesday!

IMG_0712.JPG

Sent my son to the shop to inventory my **** and clean the housing on the 727 TF trans. He couldn't find anything on my list. It's a good thing he is an academian because his millennial *** couldn't find his way out of a paper bag. I asked him to take a picture of the Demon and he asked "The red car?" Proof he never pays attention to anything. I have owned this car over a year and he has worked on it a half dozen times.

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

Yes, and he can find fifty excuses for everything too. After I wrote this he informed me he forgot to take the steering wheel and headers with him..the reason I sent him...Lord help me..

Sometimes not being there is a pain in the dick. I have everything new to go on this car and had everything laid out. Well shop life happens and somehow the trim was misplaced so the windows were placed on hold. Found a set here, but I would rather have put that money towards the motor. Want to get it buttoned up since a shop with a car with white interior doesn't go well together!

Well, still missing **** sitting in the sandbox. Wife went without me to our car club's Christmas party. I love that event and missed going. She worked her *** off this year for the club, for Vets with PTSD, and is trying her best to coordinate this build. Congrats to her for getting an "Above and Beyond" award!

So....how big of a crank you putting in that thing? Gonna make it a 431, 496? :) It sounds like your wife does a lot of good, for a lot of people. That PTSD stuff can wreak havoc on people. My dad had it before anybody ever figured out what it was. He was in the Army Air Force in WWII, and rode two B-24 bombers to the ground, and survived both. The last one was behind the lines, and he spent 2 years as a P.O.W. in Austria. I don't remember many times that he didn't get drunk every night, just so he could pass out and sleep. If the build on the Demon seems like it's moving slower than it should be...that MAY be part of her plan, to give you something to keep you busy after she gets done with you when you get home! Just stay safe, and know that there are tons of people like myself back here at home who very much appreciate your service. :usflag:

496...I picked the kit up here in NC from an engine builder who's client didn't want it after assembly so I bought piston, crank, and rods. The block cleaned up at .030 over. The Pistons were higher compression than I wanted, but at that price I just had the machine shop help me on my heads and gasket thickness to get compression down to high octane street. My buddy is getting it together for me. I figure it'll be roaring to life soon!!
As for the wife, I am blessed. She is wrestling the six kids while I am gone and still making a difference.
As for your dad, I am sure there is a bunch of things that make it hard. I am finishing a book tonight called Those Who Serve by Jimmie Coy. Eye opening accounts of POWs and the impact of faith. I am just doing a job, a service job, like any other. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated!

Lookin Great !!! Thanks for your Service to this, once again, Great Country !

I agree with you on the potential for that from a broader perspective inside our borders. I can also say I have seen a number of other countries in my wartime journeys and it was always better than them! People wouldn't be breaking rules to get here if it weren't. Makes security at every level the focus....

And now back to the show.....

Ok. So here is a moment to be happy and pissed off all at the same time. Foreground is the 496 for the Demon. Background is the 440 out of my 72 Swinger. Apparently wiped a cam lobe so completely apart for a rebuild, hot tank, the works. Debating on whether or not I should just stroke it while its apart. Pain in my balls

IMG_0843.JPG

Back glass in. Front glass was frosty on the corners so ordered new.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas man.... Stay safe and thanks for the Service....

Sounds like you have an awesome family..... Your car is coming together nicely and I like the motor build.....

JW

My buddy sent me this so I could hear it....welcome sound. Left home in July....feels like forever.
1967 383 (496) with 4.250 stroke .030 over -4 flat tops with Ohio rods. Mopar purple shaft cam. Heads worked over to open up, big valves. I will have to see what was done to nudge compression down. Hate not being there for all the details. Sounds like it will be a week or so until it is in the car. All glass in. Interior straight. Will need exhaust from collectors back. Considering dumping it in front of tires....

Dang....that thing sounds good. It's pretty snappy, so it must have a decent bob weight. The dude in the video kinda reminds me of Otto Kilcher on the Alaska, Last Frontier TV show!

Dang....that thing sounds good. It's pretty snappy, so it must have a decent bob weight. The dude in the video kinda reminds me of Otto Kilcher on the Alaska, Last Frontier TV show!
That's my boy Mike. Salt of the Earth kinda guy. 440 source crank and Pistons. Ohio rods...light assembly at 2150 or so bob weight.

-
Back