1972 Demon Build

-
I know Gary. Pain in my ***. Who knows. Maybe I will end up building by accident if it doesn't sell along the way.

Damn! Hate to hear the unfortunate turn of events for you!
I have my Demon at the paint shop, was hoping to compare as we went along!
Best of luck to you, I sure hope you can get back to getting it done!

Yeah. I hear ya. I am going to get after it and get the bodywork started soon. We'll see how it goes.

Complete V8 k and front suspension with Wilwood disc to go on. This car is going to get expensive quick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 545
Looks like a good start on it! Don't get discouraged, trust me. Set the them to the side, they will be there when you get the time.

But if you wanna set it aside in my barn....and let me work on it. I would totally be cool about that! Hahaha.

Lol. There is a lot of work to do. This car is in about the same shape my 74 was in when I got it except that there was a drivetrain in that one. I was really planning small block for this car so when the 408 took a smack it hurt my feelings. Machine shop says it can all be taken care of....still aggravating. For now the 360 and trans are for sale. The 408 will follow and I will keep going on the bodywork. My buddy thinks another 440....maybe 400 stroked. I am going to keep driving my 72 and decide.

Hmmm stroked 383? Always seem like a cool build and super amounts of torque. I can understand that's a lot of time and money to go into something for that bad to happen to. But it will get fixed and then youll have an awesome demon!

Stroked 400. Yeah there was a lot of money there, but crap happens and no one was hurt. My buddy swears by large ci motors...makes fun of the small blocks......until we got the 360 together.

So I've never taken out the K frame front suspension.
How difficult is that?

Took me about 2 1/2 hours by myself. Toughest part was getting the torsion bars out. I can tear some **** apart....it's the getting it back together that is a challenge.

Can you keep it just a bit longer?

I sure can. Issue I have is that I work for the Army. I dodged a couple you gotta move bullets in the last year but now I have a very long vacation coming. I haven't rushed any of my builds and I don't want to start now. No one could do anything with this car as it is so I have a pile of mechanicals to address along with the metal work. The more I put into it the more I will need to get back if I have to drop the project. My buddy could build the car to suit for anyone. He does it all the time for overseas guys....they just don't want any A bodies.

If I was closer, I would take it on in a heart beat! I haven't seen a demon around here that was for sale for awhile.

That is Jungle Pam.....and she is a ledgend.

Back in the day when a greasy crew member would help direct a funny car driver backing up after the burnout.....out popped "Jungle" Pam for funny car driver "Jungle Jim" (Liberman).....the crowd ( of young h*rny guys) along with the prodding of the announcer....went nuts, hootin' and hollerin'....we loved her. Little did we realize, but she was giving a lesson to the rest of the racing community on how to promote your team.

You youngsters missed something. To quote the Toad....."what a babe....what a bitchin babe"

Rest in peace.

I do appreciate the info and yes, from pin ups to nudes, cars and women go great together. Decision made. Car will be white with tomatoe red stripes. Interior red and white. Having surgery in the AM. Off work two weeks. Won't be allowed to lift more than my own junk but I am going to get after the small stuff and make the car completely naked. Then torch and welder time. I will get with you before long about uca upgrades to front.

-
Back