1972 Demon Question

-

Dartn440

Reaction score
Came upon a Demon and may have the chance to purchase. Car is an older restoration and was converted from slant 6 to V8. Previous owner had in climate controlled shop but workers bumped the **** out of sheet metal. Minor bubbling in lower quarters. No leaks. All other metal work done well. Only found one pinhole in passenger floor pan. Frame solid. Originally a GY4 car. Now Plum Crazy Purple. Interior all black with only need to repair front bench. Prices are everywhere on this car....whatya think is a fair price to bring it home and get after it once the 72 Swinger is done?

Ok. Thought maybe some folks would chime in. I passed on it since I thought the car was worth $4500 as it sat. Needed a ton of dent repair and new paint. Owner asking way more.

Hey man JMO but i bought my 71 demon about three years ago for about 5k needed restored but not a complete rag. Had the original /6 and drivetrain original glass and seals all trim. Body was in good shape minor dents and dings. Complete interior the deal came with a 69 340 hi po engine a 68 A-833 a 68 8 3/4 rear, 4 15x8 rallye wheels and new dash cap. So you might be able to use it as a reference. If its got a earlier 340 is in it than you might have a find. Not much diff in value between a /6 car and a 318 car to me but if its fairly clean and has little rust 4,000 to 5,000 would be a good deal JMO

I am right there with you on that price. Unfortunately he paid more than that for it. I went over the car front to back for him and pointed out everything for anyone else that would come to see it. He is a Chevy guy and picked it up quick without knowing much about the car.

unfortunately people don't realize: " what ya pay for a car has nothing to do with what ya might sell it for"??????? OR
what ya got in a car has no bearing on what ya might sell it for"?????
one man's diamond is another man's pile of poop????

Now if it was a 71 maybe high 5k to 6 also depends on condition but the 71 is a more desirable year especially if your gonna resell but the 72 is desirable too just depends on what ya like

if this is a help I purchased a 72 demon 3 years ago that was put on its roof but overall solid, did need some rust and metal repair interior was perfect bucket seat console car, factory A/C and the original 340 with 727, 8.75posi rear, disk brakes, paid 3000 for it. now in the middle of restoring it.

-
Back