1972 demon What would you do?

-

billyboyd

Reaction score
Hey guys. just got back from work to take a few pics of my newly accuired demon. Origional slant 6, it now boasts a small block k-member and also came along with a 318 and 727. I think i got a good deal on it. It is a little rough around the edges but not bad enough to scrap. let me know what you guys would do with the paint and interior. im 99% positive it will be getting an all new 5.7 or 6.1 hemi. tell me what you guys would love to see done. Im totally up in the air with the paint and interior, and this thing will not be restored to factory condition but more like resto-moded.

100_1837.JPG

100_1840.JPG

100_1866.JPG

100_1873.JPG

If it were mine I would restore interior to factory, upgrade suspension,brakes,wheels and tires,frame, radio,etc... Any color would look good but that car needs some type of stripe or blacked out hood or something. I would try to find some variation of a factory paint job changed just enough to make it an original. I like a stroked out big block (I'm a big block guy). And maybe a mini tub. But thats just me. What ever you do it will look good, its hard to screw up a Demon. Great car, good luck and have fun with it.

I'd say make it look like a bit of a sleeper. dont modify it so much that it looks modern. On the ouside that is, engine and any other parts that would make it a better car, go for it. I'll be watching. I think B7 would look cool with this car. If you keep the blue bench that is.

What are some color choices? i am diggin b5 blue or something along those lines. but to change the interior color is no problem for me. How would a cranberry metallic flake paint job look with a hemi or 6 pack style hod, with silver fiberglass bumpers and silver (blacked-out style) hood paint? let me know what you guys are digging. ive got parts for a 440, i have the ability to get a new hemi, and the money to get a new 408 indy motor stroked 360. I want a 11 second car. mini tubs are definately. as are fiberglass fenders, decklid and hood, Im soo sick of the CHEBBY and OVAL guys giving me crap about dodge and plymouth, so now im here to seek the knowledge from the best guys in the world, MOPAR guys like myself. Rock on guys and lets hear about the builds. give me some Ideas!!!

thanks guys. im just dont know what to do yet. obviously anything mopar will be cool, but im looking for simplicity yet the ability to make people WOW. let me know what some good combos would be. thanks guys

-
Back