1972 Dodge dart custom 4 dr trying to beef up.

-
thank you all for ur input..and its a slant-6 225..with the standard automatic tranny...and standard rear-end in it..and what im trying to is make it run atleast respectable time down the strip while also being street legal and pretty much able to drive to work once or twice a week.
Hooker header, offy intake, Holley 390 4bbl, Comp mechanical/hyd cam 2 1/4" dual exhaust 8 3/4 rear with 3.55 gears will get you started really good

Hooker header, offy intake, Holley 390 4bbl, Comp mechanical/hyd cam 2 1/4" dual exhaust 8 3/4 rear with 3.55 gears will get you started really good

Wayy better cam choices out there other than comp. Check with Erson or Oregon Cam Grinding. No point in going with a cam/4bbl/headers unless you raise the compression and get the head breathing better.8 3/4 is overkill look for an 8 1/4 it will be easier on the wallet and will take everything the slant can throw at it.

I agree with Red66GT that zac_F71's recipe is the wrong one. What's really needed before any parts shopping or swapping is at least a day spent carefully planning out exactly what the car needs to do differently than it does now, and a time-and-money budget for the work. Don't forget, cars that go faster also need to stop and steer faster/better, too.

isnt the intake what make a head breath better...or are you refering to bigger ports? and also, to they make aftermarket heads for these or do you just have to machine the ones you got?

im still waiting to hear what he wants to do with this thing...

but as stated comp isnt a first choice...then there is the oil pump gear issue with them... they nitride there cams which dosn't play nice with a stock gear...

Read up on 198 rod swaps in the 225 with 2.2 pistons. I believe this is the recipe they use to stroke these things. Glass hoods and bumpers really help with smaller motors.

Read up on 198 rod swaps in the 225 with 2.2 pistons. I believe this is the recipe they use to stroke these things. Glass hoods and bumpers really help with smaller motors.

Its not a stroker,its just a long-rod motor.

-
Back