1972 Dodge Dart Radio Speaker Size?

-
Is the radio front speaker size for a 1972 Dodge Dart 4 x 10?
IIRC, the front speaker is a 6 x 9.

Is there a bracket you remove from the old speaker and put on the new one?
Yes. It uses four screws to secure the speaker to the plate that in turn is held in the dash by two nuts. FWIW: The tabs and nuts are difficult to distinguish by braille from the same nuts that hold the defroster vents down.

Anybody replace one from either Herbs or S & M Electro Tech? Not me. I believe it is an 8Ω 6 x 9 unit. It's a common speaker size

The most powerful factory radio had something like 5 watts peak power (SWAG < 2 watts RMS). If a factory radio is being used, a huge long throw, big magnet is not needed. Not only that, there probably isn't enough room.

If interested, a FABO member makes a stereo replacement for the front speaker. Photos below. The second photo shows how the plate attaches to the dash and shows the attaching nuts.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=215716&highlight=front+speaker

Attachments

• speaker01.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 454
  • speaker02.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 496
This will be a factory AM FM Radio.

Herb's lists the 1972 Demon and Duster with 4 x 10 front speaker.
They had the same dash as a 1972 Dart.

Is there listing wrong?

This will be a factory AM FM Radio.

Herb's lists the 1972 Demon and Duster with 4 x 10 front speaker.
They had the same dash as a 1972 Dart.

Is there listing wrong?

Probably not. I have a 6 x 9 sitting on a table that I thought came out of the front of my 73 Dart. If I could find the frame I have, I know I could confirm it.

Even if it is a 4 x 10, there are lots of choices out there, more than you have listed. Just put "4 x 10 speaker" in a search engine (I tried it with Google). I found a number of top line speaker manufacturers that produce a 4 x 10 model.

-
Back