1972 Dodge Dart Vin Numbers

-

nearpar

Reaction score
I just purchased a Dodge Dart and the Vin number says it is 1972, however, everything else is telling me it may be a 1971. Is there some more numbers I can check on the frame and or sheet metal that would help me determine this? If so where are the locations? I checked the vin but who knows if it may have been replaced.

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:
Do you have a fender tag? Build sheet? The VIN is stamped in the drivers side top lip of the radiator support and the drivers trunk rail under the weatherstrip (last 7 of the vin). The 6th digit of the vin will be the model year. The engine and transmission will also have the last 8 of the vin stamped.

Do you have a fender tag? Build sheet? The VIN is stamped in the drivers side top lip of the radiator support and the drivers trunk rail under the weatherstrip (last 7 of the vin). The 6th digit of the vin will be the model year. The engine and transmission will also have the last 8 of the vin stamped.
Will do thank you

The 1972 model year started about half way into the 1971 calendar year, that throws a lot of people off.

Thousands of 1972 models were produced & sold during the later months of 1971.

-
Back