1972 Dodge Demon 340 SunRoof car

-

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I found a 1971 Roadrunner that I'm working out a deal on and I was searching the net for some parts, parts cars and cars for other people and I came across this little jem.

The add says it has a 318 in it but its a 340 very cook in itself and then the add says SUNROOF!!!!!! I'm thinking okay it can't be factory but I will check it out any ways and sure enough it is a sunroof and it looks factory but.......I'm not sure if it is or not and I'm going to get the codes for it.

Tell me how rare is this, is it factory and what was the roof called?

I think it was called moon roof or something and if my old brain would kick in I have seen this on another car that was in a magazine a few years back and it was a Demon as well and it was an orange car with I think hounds tooth interior, but I can't remember 100% for sure.

Well any ways your tired of me talking so here is the car.

72DemonSunRoof.jpg

5F15J25M63Mf3Ib3L8c73b27ea5ff56fe1864.jpg

72demon.jpg

So tell me what you think about it and factory or not factory rare or not rare...........:happy1:

Could be factory. Fender tag would tell you.

Rare option and desirable, if factory installed, especially on a 340 car.

I dont think chrysler ever used rag top sunroofs. I believe they only used the inbuilt type sunroofs. Which were made by the American Sunroof Company (same as Cadilacs and few others).

Ever since I seen my first one I started learning more and more on them. I've only seen a hand full of them.

Could be factory. Fender tag would tell you.

Rare option and desirable, if factory installed, especially on a 340 car.

Yeah when I saw it my mouth dropped. I'm just wondering how much rust is in the car. I think the tail panel looks like it will need repaired. The drivers quarter may be able to be fixed. I'm going to ask for more pics and then find someone in the area to look at it for me.

You've found a very rare factory sunroof "convertable" Demon! I think if your interested in buying it Get It! Here let me dig some info up for you.

Fendertag should have a V3 on it.

I thought it was, I saw it and I couldnt believe it I mean I sat there for like 15 minutes just looking at it.

I couldnt remember the name of the top, I dont know why I thought moon roof buy yet convertable top!!! VERY AWESOME!!!

The bad part is I'm not near it I dont think, I have to call and ask. I also just signed up for a class and I tied my money up in that and I'm working out a deal on a 71 Roadrunner.

I may just go to the bank on this one and then try to flip it or something...I dont know I really dont know lol

I dont think chrysler ever used rag top sunroofs. I believe they only used the inbuilt type sunroofs. Which were made by the American Sunroof Company (same as Cadilacs and few others).

No I think this is the real deal. I have seen one other one like this and it was in MOPAR Collectors Guide a few years back like ten years ago I think.

I am going to get the fender tag on it and see what happens. I do think this is factory and not aftermarket.

I just have this deal on a 71 Roadrunner with all the metal work being done on it full price of car and work done to it $4600. I also just used some of my car money for school :banghead: and then I find this little jem.

They are a love em or hate em thing I'd love to own a Demon with the sun roof option.

Wow thanks everyone for the posting I'm trying to read them all and get caught up. I have only see one and if you have seen a handfull I wonder how many made and how to tell if its one of one or one of how many.

You better grab that one. Not too many produced with that option.

Man I really want one of those. If you don't buy it PLEASE pass on the info so another FABO can buy it. Post the fender tag info if you get it.

Okay guys, I just called and I must have talked to the wife. I asked "I'm calling about the Dodge Demon" and she said "What dodge? I don't know what car." and then I kept talking and I said the year of the car "Oh ok let me call him and have him give you a call back as he just left the house for a few minutes."

So as soon as I get the info I'm going to post it up and if I can or can't get the car I will be going down the list of those that want info on it. I will start with the first pm I got on it after my first post of the car last night.

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this car.

V8X V8X EN1
N41 N42 R21 3V21 V6X
J64 L25 L31 M21 M43 N23 (or M23)
V3X U A88 16 366 G36
EV2 F6X9 PX9 425 650158
E55 B34 LM29 H2G 396874

The guy had trouble reading fender tag and is going to email it to me tonight along with the build sheet. He said the build sheet matches car and says sunroof.

So if your not able to buy it, post up price on the Demon. Someone will definitely buy it if the price is right.... Your in Harrisonburg, VA so the car must be near there.... That's close enough for me depending on the price the guy is asking for it.

so far....

LM29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Sports Hardtop
H2G: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA
396874: Sequence number
E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
B34: Unknown------------------------------
EV2: Hemi Orange (Dodge), Tor-Red (Plymouth) Exterior Color
F6X9: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
PX9: Black Diamond (Dodge), Formal Black (Plymouth, Chrysler, Imperial) Int. Door Frames
425: Build Date: April 25
650158: Order number
V3X: Black Convertible Top
U: USA Specifications
A88: Interior Decor Group
16: Unknown---------------------------
366: Unknown--------------------------
G36: OS Dual Racing Mirrors
J64: Instrument Panel Woodgrain
L25: Trunk Lamp
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M43:Grill Surround Molding
N23: Electronic Ignition 72 only
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
R21: AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
3V21: Unknown----------------------------
V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black
EN1: End of Sales Codes

Likely stuff from the tag

B34 = D34
PX9 = TX9
16 = C16
366 = C56
J64 = J54
3V21 = V21

If I knew this was going to be a possible for sale deal, I would have asked about it in my first response.

-
Back