1972 dodge demon 340

-

Demonbob642

Reaction score
Hello I have a 1972 dodge demon 340 that I am having trouble removing the front fenders on. I must be missing something. The grill , has been removed. As well as every bolt that I could find. It was left out in a field to rust before I bought it. So I am trying to slowly disassemble it carefully. Thanks in advance for the help will include photos.

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

They are caulked between the fender and inner fender all along under the section where the bolts under the hood came out of, and probably undercoated up under the inside of the same place.
Use a flat screwdriver or a solid putty knife and go along that seam popping it loose.

They are caulked between the fender and inner fender all along under the section where the bolts under the hood came out of, and probably undercoated up under the inside of the same place.
Use a flat screwdriver or a solid putty knife and go along that seam popping it loose.
Thank you I will try that

Have you removed the bolts that go from inside the rad support outwards through the headlight mount area? The one pic looks like there is still a bolt in it? Hard to tell though. And as said, the hood pins might be an issue as well.

Last edited:
Hard to tell even double sized, but the guys are right about them being there.

IMG_4634.JPG

Removed the passenger fender from my 72 dart today. Had the same exact problem. It was caulked tight to the inner fender.

-
Back