1972 Dodge Demon

-

witchwithab70

Reaction score
Hi, the end of July 24 I bought this 1972 dodge demon. I have always wanted a muscle mopar and after 30’years of marriage my husband said it’s time to get that car. I already need some help on questions and found this forum and decided to join it. Thanks for having me! I am no mechanic but my 17 year old son aspires to be one.

IMG_4671.jpeg

IMG_4673.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool! I have a real soft spot for this color combo and year. My 1st wife bought ,for a wedding present to me, a lemon twist, 72 340 4spd Demon with a vinyl top like yours. We ended up selling it in 90 due to a heavy foot and unfortunately some internal damage happened ( my wife was driving at the time) when we lived in Pennsylvania.
Awesome ride you have! Good luck and ENJOY it!

Welcome from WI. Nice looking car and what a great first muscle car. I do love a yellow Demon.

Here is my 1971 Mr Norms GSS Demon

20230604_173834.jpg

Cook car dude!

Im in the same boat. I'm just starting a journey with a 74 Dart Sport. Ive spent a lot of time on YouTube learning about how my car works.

Good luck with the Demon!

Hi, the end of July 24 I bought this 1972 dodge demon. I have always wanted a muscle mopar and after 30’years of marriage my husband said it’s time to get that car. I already need some help on questions and found this forum and decided to join it. Thanks for having me! I am no mechanic but my 17 year old son aspires to be one.

View attachment 1716310860

View attachment 1716310861
Also, to the op. Your car has 1971 side marker lights, a 1971 grill and the more common hood scoop for 1971. Are you sure it is a 1972?

Welcome from Texas, tell us more about your Demon and post more pictures of the interior and under the hood.

Also, to the op. Your car has 1971 side marker lights, a 1971 grill and the more common hood scoop for 1971. Are you sure it is a 1972?
Yes by the vin it’s a 72 for sure but this car was surely done up with some 71 parts and features. I really don’t know it’s entire story. It was also a slant 6 out of the factory and now it has a 340 4 speed manual that is not stock either. I have to be careful about that when I order parts for it because even ordinary things like spark plugs are different than what is listed.

Yes by the vin it’s a 72 for sure but this car was surely done up with some 71 parts and features. I really don’t know it’s entire story. It was also a slant 6 out of the factory and now it has a 340 4 speed manual that is not stock either. I have to be careful about that when I order parts for it because even ordinary things like spark plugs are different than what is listed.
Ok, cool about the upgrades! That will make for a fun car for sure. Bring us along with your journey, post pics and ask all the questions you need. Lots of great folks here.

Cook car dude!

Im in the same boat. I'm just starting a journey with a 74 Dart Sport. Ive spent a lot of time on YouTube learning about how my car works.

Good luck with the Demon!
Sorry to intrude here, but is there a thread on your 74 Dart Sport?

You will be able to find the correct parts as you go along. Since you don't know the internals of the engine, spark plug heat ranges are going to vary. Start off with a good tune up with the timing set at 17* initial and somewhere around 34* total. Drive it around with a combination of 30-35 MPH and highway speeds of 55-70 MPH. You will begin to know if it has good street manners after a short perion of time.

-
Back