1972 Duster 340 wiring diagram

-

jj72duster

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can locate a wiring diagram for my duster. The interior light won't work, the dash lights blink on and off and the rear lights go on and off. I bought a diagram some some outfit, Mopar Magazine ad, and the thing is is piece of s....! I have a painless box that I want to put in but I want to insure the system is working prior to plugging in the box. The car was a race car in Texas and a full race 383 was put in, line locks so I wil have some fun when it is completed.

Your best bet is to hit the shows and buy both a Chassis & Service and a Body & service manual...(ocassionally seen on ebay) for 72 CHRYSLER ( duster is in it)....it will show you what is hooked to what and how it is wired.....I just installed a KWIK system in my 66 Barracuda ...all my wiring was cracked and shitty so I just started over and hooked the new system in as if it were a new mopar kit the way plymouth did with a few alterations for electronic ignition with single ballast resistor config. Without that book it is a pig in a poke trying to figure out how Ma Mopar wired stuff....they did some weird stuff and who knows what was done between the factory and what you have now

Thank you two that responded. I got the information needed, so now if weather allows I can work on it, someday I hope to post mine. I have a 72, 340, Duster, with air, 4sd. Now it has a fall race 383. Car was raced in Texas, went to Iowa and now at home in Nebraska.
Jess

-
Back