gts4fuji

Reaction score
Photos of my 72 Duster 340. Soon to be my next project

05550002.jpg

05550005.jpg

05550004.jpg

05550008.jpg

05550016.jpg

What's the story concerning the history of the car, where did you find the car, and how much? What does it need?

Looks like a nice '72 340 Duster. If it only needs cosmetics I'd luv to have that car!

Am the 2nd owner I bought the car from a buddy of mine in 1978 with 38k miles on it. The car is all original from the 340 motor to the 727 trans, sure grip 8 3/4. Car is bone stock all the way down to the original Poly Glass tires. I had this car stored since 1978 in my parents garage.

I finally finished my 69GTS Dart and its time to start the Duster. I will try and post more pictures as I start the restore project. My plans are to leave her bone stock. Re-pair the body and Paint her the same Hemi orange. The interior is still in pretty good shape except the driver seat.

Yeah I wish it was done... lol far from it. The tail panel and passenger side quarter panel. The rear bumper. It is along ways from being done.

Thanks for the kind words it makes restoring her back to her glory days all that much better.

05550012.jpg

05550013.jpg

05550014.jpg

ouch. what happened? Looks like a really nice project and im glad to hear your restoring it to original. Its got nice options and I would hate to see it restored differently but its your car so do what you want. Cant wait to see more.

You've got my vote....Keep her stock right down to the polyglass tires....Do whatever you can do to reuse the OEM parts and keep her a survivor.

Its been two years since I started the 72 Resto. Am happy to say its almost finished. Hopefully two to three more weeks and she`ll be home.

Man this makes me feel bad cause my Duster 360 don't look nearly as good lol But hey 20 years of Louisiana Sunshine will kill paint.

would love to see the fender tag on this one. was this a stripe delete car? Has the tail panel stripe but no stripes on side. It does have the "Duster"
fender emblem on the fender which is a dead giveaway it is. Not a whole lot of any muscle cars left in the time capsule mode. would love to see some under hood shots and fender tag if possible...Great color, nice options on this one..

Went back and notice a few more things. 340 car and tail panel decal is just Duster and not Duster 340. Also appears to have the correct factory lugnuts but not sure. close-up pic would tell. Is it still factory paint? If the tail panel is factory paint, then cool detail that the wrong decal was put on at factory. Saw an original 1970 340 car that was b5 blue and had Duster 340 decal on driver's fender and just "Duster" on the passenger side.

-
Back