-
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have decided to sell my 72 scamp. I originally bought it to daily drive and I did daily drive it for a while. It is capable of long trips and runs extremely reliably. Before I bought it, it sat under a redwood tree for maybe 10 years. The first thing I did was strip off the vinyl top and front carpets to see the extent of the rust. The front floors, trunk, and spare tire well only have surface rust and no through rust. Major rust is below the rear window but the metal below that is fully intact. There is also rust through in the left rear area behind the tire only. The rest of the car is very rust free and solid. There is no rust anywhere structural and its purely sheet metal body work.
I"ll let the pictures talk for the condition of various things. It is a slant six, 904, and has power steering and a/c. The ac system was partially removed but i have all the pieces including a new HVAC switches. The radio works but the speaker is bad. The wiper motor also needs replacing. All lights and guages work as well.
Mechanically the vehicle does not need any work to drive it. It has a rebuilt carb and the fuel line mod was performed with the fuel filter that prevents vapor lock. The fuel tank and sender are new as is the fuel pump. It has an electronic distributor with hei conversion. The cylinder head had all the valve stem seals replaced and does not burn oil nor does it leak oil. The transmission shifts great and was serviced and bands adjusted. The brakes were redone and it brakes well and straight. It starts up almost immediately and drives wonderfully.
This is a great car to restore or mess with while driving and enjoying it as I did. Most of the interior is in decent shape and rear seat is like new since it was covered. I did not clean this vehicle in any way so you see it how it is and nothing is hidden.
Vehicle is located in Vallejo, CA and I am asking $3500
If there are specific pics needed Please ask

5aExz33h.jpg

exYPViYh.jpg

J7zA9K3h.jpg

656aUvBh.jpg

ii1ohRch.jpg

7iFUZmph.jpg

LsSpwRlh.jpg

F0B7fDJh.jpg

Ads0wdrh.jpg

UpbcP6oh.jpg