[FOR SALE] 1972 Plymouth Scamp: Street Machine or attend local Car Cruise in's with 70's vibe.

-

HotRod20

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
For Sale:1972 Scamp-clean title in my name. Clean and solid original Oregon car freshly rebuilt for cruising with a street machine attitude and a 70's vibe.
All mechanically redone and sorted out. This is a turnkey, and go car, made to drive anywhere on fair weather days. Paint is 20 yrs old Chrysler Lime Light Green with minor imperfections and scuffs and bruises,cracks and flakes, but it gets thumbs up and turns heads everywhere it goes. Totally presentable as is, without the worry of having showcar paint.
With that said, heres the details:

Freshly rebuilt 72 340. Meticulousy cleaned and degreased, decked to square up head surfaces, line honed with balanced factory crank,Eagle rods,.030 over 9-1 compression, Holley Avenger 670 cfm Vacc secondary carb, Performer RPM intake, Comp Cams Engine Master Kit. Cam Part # 20-000-5 Grind # 5201/5201 H 110. Camshaft was Nitrided at extra cost.The engine has a nice barely noticeable lope and has a killer midrange. I Have the engine build spec sheet and break in sheet using Comp Cams break in oil products. J heads with all new mopar performance rocker gear. Rebuilt 340 distributor by Ray Brennan HallifaxHops out of PA.

Engine has a new fluid dampner,double roller chain,new fuel pump, new motor mounts,correct NOS 340 driver side bracket,Schumacher torque strap, Factory 68-70 Hi Po manifolds through 2 1/2 "
custom built exhaust that is easily removed with 4 bolt locations. Dumps at axle with turndowns.Sounds awesome.

Fresh built heavy duty 904 with all the best internals for automatic shifting. Governor modifications allow higher upshifts at WOT. This transmission was one of the last built by well known Michigan trans engineer John Saum completed almost a year before his recent passing. New Shaftmasters large tube drive shaft with large U joints and spicer large joint input shaft. Torque Convertor is a Hughes HD unit spec'd at 2500-2700 rpm. Works great with the cam grind.

New 3 core radiator correct 72 340 part number #3574 658 with 216 clutch fan and shroud.The car never overheats. Alum catch can,new belts all new hoses,fresh anitfreeze,brass engine freeze plugs.
Windshield has two small chips that can be filled if you wanted, however they dont bother me. All windows go up and down with no issues.

Complete, and I mean Complete full rebuild on Front suspension. Upper,and lower balljoints,upper and lower Bushings,all ties rod ends,pitman arm,idler arm,jounce bumpers,lower control arm stiffening plates, Strut bushings, front factory disc brakes conversion,new brake hoses,new brake pads, large bolt pattern conversion.New Steering Box, all 4 new KYB gas shocks
Rebuilt Steering column by Mike Modarski using NOS internal parts.

Rear axle is 8 3/4 with Yukon hardened axles and large bolt pattern. Adjustable pinion snubber, #741 cased 3.91 gears and a Eaton Tru-Trac Posi unit with Large yoke.

I Installed a Glas Tek Hi quality reinforced lift off hood using A12 brackets and hardware. All original hood hinges and hardware go with sale of car, including original hood.

Rolling Stock are factory rallye wheels;
14x6 in front with 215/75/14 Yokohama radials
15x7 in rear with 245/60/15 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials
Super Stock Springs, all new shackles and bushings, new gas tank, sending unit, J bolts, Straps.

All new interior, carpet, package tray. Has mint dash pad, and mint vinyl top. I have all the reciepts for all the work this car had done to upgrade its cruzability.
"Please see attached additional parts list that goes with the car in a package deal for $25,500". I have many more photos and more information for a seriously interested buyer.
Only PM me for serious inquires please,...I'm not accepting trades..... or lowball offers.
Thank you
HotRod20

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Attachments

• Scamp Parts List for Package Deal.pdf
    178.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Heres adtional pictures for review see the parts pictures below also.
Thank you

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

Scamp in yard.JPG

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155 (1).jpg

Additional Scamp 340 Parts .jpg

-
Back