1972 Plymouth Valiant 4door

-
It can't be that hard to use lead, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but I'm thinking it's like solder? The main thing that has my head spinning right now is the inside hard to reach areas.. Backside of panels, inside the roof.. I'll probably just have to spray a rust converter in the unreachable areas with surface rust?

inside of roof, I scuff with coarse sandpaper, red scotchbrite, spray it woth Ospho ( phosphoric acid product) to neutralize rust, AFTER if has thoroughly dried, I spray it with a oil based tractor type enamel, spray that with undercoating. ( it will get on everything so watch out!

inside of doors. take off panels and hose all the dirt out of the,. there are little slits in bootom of doors for drains. I the just spray them with Ospho. done.

Ospho is great to treat any pitted metal you might find when you strip the car to bare metal. I have had cars with original primer on so good, I didn't fully strip them. epoxy primer is great stuff, sticks to anything. P S.. all bodymen wil tell ya to strip to bare metal!

Welcome to FABO

Yea, most people at the track
expect "More Doors" to be old, and slow

I always have a blast with the two I have
a 70 Dart Custom with a stroker small block
and a 68 Satellite with a Cummins...lol

004_zpsarajhnam.jpg

Does this mean my car isn't the original color? Sounds like light blue interior and white exterior.. Thought it was factory maybe not..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 107
Well the project was at a bit of a standstill but I was still keeping an eye on the big picture... Managed to get a 99 durango with the 5.9L magnum and a recently rebuilt tranny for $400!! Going to give a couple people a test drive on the transmission before I pull it for them, should net 500 right there...The engine will be going in the valiant (probably with a carb as FI still puzzles me, although as a 20 y/o I guess I'm in the minority. ) The rest I have no idea, junker or have someone haul it off for a couple hundred. See pics!

EDIT: Bonus points for anyone that can tell me what those bolt holes are for on the left side of the first pic...

Attachments

• IMG_0914.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 87
Well the project was at a bit of a standstill but I was still keeping an eye on the big picture... Managed to get a 99 durango with the 5.9L magnum and a recently rebuilt tranny for $400!! Going to give a couple people a test drive on the transmission before I pull it for them, should net 500 right there...The engine will be going in the valiant (probably with a carb as FI still puzzles me, although as a 20 y/o I guess I'm in the minority. ) The rest I have no idea, junker or have someone haul it off for a couple hundred. See pics!

EDIT: Bonus points for anyone that can tell me what those bolt holes are for on the left side of the first pic...

If you still have the 99 Durango, would you be willing to sell the glove box door, and is it Black?

ALso, I have a 99 so could tell you whatever the bolt holes are but I don't know to what you're referring to.

-
Back