-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72valiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This listing is for a 1972 Plymouth Valiant sedan. It has the small block 318 v8 with headers and a dual exhaust. The carb is an Edelbrock 1406. The engine was rebuilt back in 2002.

I've owned this car since 1998. It was given to me by a church member when I was young and broke so that I could attend college. I was told he bought it off an elderly lady who had it sitting in her back yard buried under a pile of leaves where it had been sitting for a number of years (I sometimes still get leaves blowing up thru the floor vents). Whenever the car has needed repairs I've always taken it to the same mechanic. He's no longer around and I don't have the time or energy to care for the car. I can try and answer any questions. I'm not a mechanic but I'm very familiar with the cars' basics after having driven it for twenty three years.

The car is very reliable. It cranks up and runs good. It's pretty fast for a small block 318. There is some black smoke that will come out of the rear exhaust upon heavy acceleration (this may be due to the car sitting still for long periods of time). The front end alignment is good and the tires look brand new. I've seen small drops of oil on the ground if the car sits still for long periods of time. The car has drum brakes all around. The brakes don’t squeak but the brake petal does have a squeak to it when pressed down.

The interior of the car needs to be repaired and painted. The front and back seats came from a duster (not sure of exact year). The seats need to be reupholstered. The headliner in the car is gone. The dash pad is filled with cracks and has a cover laid over it. The dome light works for the passenger side door but not the driver side (unless you fiddle with the door jam switch). The speedometer and odometer no longer work. The fuel, temp, and alternator gauges are not working. The heater works. The windshield wipers work. The dash cluster lights work but a couple of bulbs may be out. All exterior lights work. The flashers sometimes blink and sometimes don't. The car has no working radio or speakers. There is no rug only some black fabric laid over the floor. The interior paint is green but some black paint is partially covering some spots.

There is a small indention in the body frame where the front and rear driver sider door meet (the car was in a wreck and the frame under those doors was repaired at a body shop). The passenger side door lock mechanism isn't working (when you push the handle button the door doesn’t pop open) and the door has to be opened from the inside. The rear bumper is bent. The front bumper has a slight warp to it. The paint looks good from a few feet but there is cracking (mainly around the trunk area). The trunk lid paint has a spot where a bird relieved himself on the trunk and it left a mark in the paint.

The Cragar rims are pretty old and have rust and flaking on them.

I had an Optima battery in the car but it recently died. I've put in a temporary replacement but it's not the correct battery size for the car and it's just barely fitting on the battery tray.

I'm available to show the car locally to anyone interested. If you want additional pictures just ask.

The asking price is $4150.00. The price is negotiable. The car is with me in Kansas City, MO. If you have any questions please ask. Thanks.

DSC_1023.JPG

DSC_1039.JPG

DSC_1043.JPG

DSC_1046.JPG

DSC_1051.JPG

DSC_1053.JPG

DSC_1056.JPG

DSC_1062.JPG

DSC_1065.JPG

DSC_1081.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.