-
Status
Not open for further replies.

19Valiant72

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm new here and have discussed in the Welcome Wagon forum that I thought this might be a good forum to post the car for sale.

I will get photos posted as soon as I can figure out how.

It's a 1972 Plymouth Valiant sedan that I bought from a lifetime friend of the original owner, a fellow Veteran in Va. I bought it for a project with my son but he's into ATV's, dirt bikes and girls so I bought him a truck to haul them around.

It has the 'Slant 6' with a 1 barrel Holley, automatic trans, PS and factory A/C. It's the lime green color original paint and little rust. The worst part is the vinyl top [partially removed] trapped in moisture and caused rust at the windows. The trunk is good with only surface rust starting due to the trunk leaking since I removed the top and water can get in the lower corner. It was stored inside until I got it a few months ago. It sat up in the garage for several years when the guy I got it from got it from the original owner. He did some work, got it inspected and drove it for a few years. When it reached 35 years old, NC inspections are no longer required as a classic and that last inspection sticker is still on the windshield.

When I bought it he said it developed some carburetor issues and he stopped driving it and it sat up for almost a year before he could bare to come to the realization of selling it. I cranked it right up, checked the fluids and drove it home. It started acting up into the trip, from stalling, idling higher than normal then normal then repeat..... I really haven't messed with it much and it still acts up. I drove it to take photos this past weekend and it did fine until I went to pull put of the lake then it stalled and gave me a fit then smoothed out again and drove home fine. It's a carburetor issue of some sorts and it's been 30 years since I've messed with a carb so.....

Other than that it sounds great, no unusual noises, etc... It drives, brakes, steers, shifts, etc... quite nice for a 42 year old car. It does have a little slop in the steering but that gives it character :) I actually enjoy driving it, it just has a feel about it.

The body is in great shape and the underside even better which was the main reason I bough it. The interior is in well above average condition. The drivers side of the front bench seat has a separation in the seem which can be fixed/resewn easily. The mileage, 40k, I was told is very close to original but the odometer does not work so......... I was also assured the A/C was working and is functional but needed R12 refrigerant or converted.

We were going for a low budget, economical retro style look. I've always liked the Mopar "butt stripe" so the first thing we did was add a black tail stripe w/ a 'Rumble Bee' decal for that muscle car look. We removed the full hub caps, sanded and painted the steel wheels black and installed some dog dish caps [sorry, only had 3] for a cool rat rod look.

I'd keep the old car. install a new carb or have the current one rebuilt and just drive/enjoy it but there's too much going on now in life and I hate to let it sit until I can get to it.

So, here it is for sale. I hope someone can give it a good home. The price is pretty much what I have into it and reasonable for a drivable old classic car.

I did have it on eBay auction and you can view the closed auction there and review my feedback if you'd like. My used ID is: life-is-a-beach!

$1700

Photos will be posted soon.

Thank You!

Here's the ebay link ....

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Valiant-Cool-old-Mopar-/231241173429?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item35d70c49b5&item=231241173429&nma=true&si=dnRNZBxzJOFAo9KIBUVwAjYqMMU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557"]Plymouth Valiant Cool Old Mopar | eBay[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back