-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy S

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is a 1973 340 and 727 transmission. Both ran excellent when we pulled them from my buddy's Cuda. I used the carb. and intake on another vehicle. The intake included is cracked at the water temp. sending unit bung. It's only on there to keep dust out and to help load. Included with the engine and tranny, is a performance water pump, new in the box, a high torque mini starter, new in the box, the M/T valve covers pictured along with an old set of chrome valve covers and a stock set of 318 valve covers. The stock 318 air cleaner, aluminum pulleys, new in the box, 318 alternator with brackets, some tranny lines and all the stuff in the pictures with the exception of the black Dakota rims. I'm asking $1,500 for all. I will sell the 340 only without the M/T's and without the extras for $1,000. I have an engine hoist and will help load. I will also deliver within reason for gas money.

Attachments

• DSCN0433.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 349
  • DSCN0432.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 352
  • PB040119.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 345
  • PB040120.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 351
what are numbers on the rail by the oil pan? where the oil pan bolts to the block. im looking for my motor from my 73 duster, thanks,mike.

I live in Ashley, Pa., which is just outside of Wilkes-Barre, zip 18706.

Krazy, I'll throw in a roll of TP with the purchase if that makes you happy.

I'll post those numbers shortly, but I'm pretty sure this engine was original to my buddy's 73 Cuda. The car was back halved when he bought it, so he went with the big block, otherwise he would have kept it together and numbers matching.

Mike, the first number is hard to see, like it's only the bottom half of the number, but here it is

5R208300

The date on the block is 9 27 72.

I also noticed that the bottom mounting "tab" on the block, right behind the starter, is cracked. You could see half of the threads. This is where the block meets the transmission. I never noticed it before because when we pulled the motor, I loaded it in my truck, unloaded it in my garage, and covered it up. I called a local machine shop and they said it should have no effect on the engine sealing with the transmission. Like I said in the ad, I rode in the car when this engine and transmission were in it, and it was fast and ran like a bear.

Still available, would make a great stocking stuffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back