-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swifterthanyou

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
No longer for sale, am pulling out of FABO.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_1785.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_1786.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_1787.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 516
Might have been a '72 Cuda come to think of it.

single air/fuel mixture scews were used on manual tranxmission while two air fuel mixture screws were used on automatic transmissions.

Was also used on 340, 383 and 413's, I have found too many contradicting part numbers from several sources to be 100% accurate.

However, with only one air/fuel mixture screw, the information I have found informs me that it was for a manual transmission.

I just love everyone's input, MaMopar was so accurate in their information and all sources are all over the place, its really hard to accept such feedback, no matter what one says, someone else will contradict because they have another source. Oh well, that's what I get for putting something on this forum.

The single screw is for air adjustment.The two idle screws have been removed but you can see the shiney alluminum where they were in your first picture.

If you didn't post the info here, you would have not known that it wasn't OEM on the car it was removed from! Whether it be here or any other source, take it all in and then go with the majority or make your own, now educated, guess.

I agree. Carb is no longer for sale.

A wise man once told me, "oppinions are like a-holes, everyone has one but you shouldn't drop your pants and share it with the world.

I will no longer be posting any more items for sale.

I am sorry , . I have a proper Carter carb manual , it says 1968 383 auto car only , yes Chrysler put them on 340, 383,413,s ect.My manual goes back to 1963 , and also theses AVS,S were used on General Motors back in the day. Sorry if i offended anybody, was only trying to help, i never mentioned one way or the other that there was anything wrong whit the unit itself.

The AVS was only used from 1968 to 1979. Befroe that they used AFBs. In 71 they switched to Thermoquads. There was also a few applications that used Holley 4bbls. The AVS was used on 340s but would have a different part number. It was common for guys to put big block AVS on 340s for extra power but they didnt come with them from the factory.
No need to get mad because you had your info wrong. Everyone was just trying to help.

The single mixture screw was from 1968 through early 69 and was an air bleed. The fuel screws were there, but blocked of. 1971 was the last year the AVS was used, but only on certain big blocks. 340s got Thermoquads in 1971. Chrysler carb numbers are very accurate in most sources, but after all these years they find their way into other cars.

I agree. Carb is no longer for sale.

A wise man once told me, "oppinions are like a-holes, everyone has one but you shouldn't drop your pants and share it with the world.

I will no longer be posting any more items for sale.

The correct, original application for a part is not an "Oppinion".

It is an attempt at helping both the buyer and seller.

Agree too.. Got a lot of parts from members here and not one complaint...
That's the beauty of MOPAR, knowledge in every part verses dime a dozen ford or Chevy.

Now you've done it...How dare you guys use actual references to identify this carb as not what it's advertised as...now a guy that was using a FREE service to sell his item that was not as he advertised it has left the forum...
As for me, I've learned a lot, bought some things, sold some things, and I'm staying with the forum. In fact, I'll probably learn some more and buy or sell a few more things on this FREE forum, though I did buy a Gold membership to support the cause, because somebody actually has to run this forum website. I've been a MOPAR guy for a long time and I don't plan on that changing. Thanks FABO. See you guys around.
:burnout:

Sorry but i was not looking for 4401s, was only interested in 4635s , which indicates 1968 383 AUTOMATIC AND AIR CONDITIONING IN MY MANUAL, which he happens to have, 4401s in also 68 without air, sorry only trying to help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back