1973 340 Duster goes in for a paint job...

-
Going to let the vinyl dry over night......what a pia that tail panel graphic is....LoL...not as bad as a 71 Duster

He painted this one also.......and is now putting it back together for me...my name stake...70AARCuda

20180925_125304_resized.jpg

We are doing a lot bigger effort into this one....boxes and boxes of new parts...

Vitamin C Orange 1970 K2......has not been colored sanded and buffed yet

Was trying to put the 340 decals on the quarter panels...but the decals are cut funny...the numbers are not all the same size.

Got the decals on....but looks ok....but....good for now....have a tail light that is getting no power....and head light switch needs to be replaced....has needed for years now...
probably need to order a head light wiring kit from Crackhead too.....

Driving down the Street...this thing screams Yellow....

20181024_181048_resized.jpg

20181024_181102_resized.jpg

20181024_181115_resized.jpg

Drove the Duster out to the nhra national event this weekend. I was actually working for nhra at the time slip booth...having a blast. Several the of the mopar stockers wanted to know if it was for sale...and other commented on the how nice looking it was.....got thumbs up driving thru the pits....so today I drive out....heading down Las vegas blvd for the track and it starts bucking and farting...it is flooding....oh ****...gotta keep it running..I have no tools with me...so black smoke coming out of the tail pipes...i nurse it to where I gotta work at on return road....I figure i got a needle and seat full of crap. I remove the front one and the rubber o ring crumbles in my fingers....back one does the same....it is a holley 750 DP..I call my daughter who is at the races to see if there is a holley booth on the manufacturers midway....she find a K&N Trailer with the holley placards....she ask if they have needle and seats for a 750 dp ...Yes....she said her dad was driving a yellow duster was having problems...they said Yes...they were right behind be....LOL....During a break in the action I head down to the trailer...and they GIVE me the needles and seats no cost....Thank YOU....

Anyway...I swap them out....no bono...still running like ****...probably has other problems....OK....I say I can nurse her home only 5.5 miles to garage...I get stuck in traffic leaving the track...heading down vegas blvd again...look at gas gauge....below empty....1/2 mile from gas station....she done out of gas....crank a couple of times...now battery is taking a ****....

my pretty duster is dead on the road.....with everyone driving by ...I called my daughter she is just leaving track and heads my way......get gas...and battery dead....head to garage to get jumper cables and my pick up to tow if we have to....car fires....runs like ****...I get a couple of miles down the road....dies...battery dead in left turn pocket...I am pushing thru intersection.....hook up tow strap...tow id home....

Any way...while swapping out needle and seats at track...nhra official comes over and looks in engine bay and asks if that is a small block chevy.....my god....No...it is a 340 Mopar....OH....sorry....

Last edited:
Drove the Duster out to the nhra national event this weekend. I was actually working for nhra at the time slip booth...having a blast. Several the of the mopar stockers wanted to know if it was for sale...and other commented on the how nice looking it was.....got thumbs up driving thru the pits....so today I drive out....heading down Las vegas blvd for the track and it starts bucking and farting...it is flooding....oh ****...gotta keep it running..I have no tools with me...so black smoke coming out of the tail pipes...i nurse it to where I gotta work at on return road....I figure i got a needle and seat full of crap. I remove the front one and the rubber o ring crumbles in my fingers....back one does the same....it is a holley 750 DP..I call my daughter who is at the races to see if there is a holley booth on the manufacturers midway....she find a K&N Trailer with the holley placards....she ask if they have needle and seats for a 750 dp ...Yes....she said her dad was driving a yellow duster was having problems...they said Yes...they were right behind be....LOL....During a break in the action I head down to the trailer...and they GIVE me the needles and seats no cost....Thank YOU....

Anyway...I sway them out....no bono...still running like ****...probably has other problems....OK....I say I can nurse her home only 5.5 miles to garage...I get stuck in traffic leaving the track...heading down vegas blvd again...look at gas gauge....below empty....1/2 mile from gas station....she done out of gas....crank a couple of times...now battery is taking a ****....

my pretty duster is dead on the road.....with everyone driving by ...I called my daughter she is just leaving track and heads my way......get gas...and battery dead....head to garage to get jumper cables and my pick up to tow if we have to....car fires....runs like ****...I get a couple of miles down the road....dies...battery dead in left turn pocket...I am pushing thru intersection.....hook up tow strap...tow id home....

Any way...while swapping out needle and seats at track...nhra official comes over and looks in engine bay and asks if that is a small block chevy.....my god....No...it is a 340 Mopar....OH....sorry....
I hate to see ya sitting along the road, and having all them issues. I'll give ya a 1000 bucks for all them yellow frustrations :D

I think the alternator is bad...the dead battery....

nope....they did not..loose battery cables will though....battery being charged.

Ok...battery charged ...battery cables hooked up and tight....car fires right up and alternator is charging...still waiting on carb kit to show up....

Might take a look at putting the eddy 1406 carb back on.....it has choke and all.......the holley has billet metering blocks and billet base plus pro form main body.....

Car is a cruiser now...LoL
Even dug out the stock air cleaner and valve covers..

Ok...had a few things to do...replace alternator bracket...done..
oil changed....
took 750 DP off....appears the gasket behind the power valve dissolved...so had internal leak....so all is well...idles smooth...good for another 10 yrs...

need to replace head light switch.....

The local Mopar guys are having a club meeting this weekend a few miles from my house...probably drive the duster over there....need to fix a tail light still...getting no power....probably the ground since the trunk got repainted.

There is a ground wire that clips on each tail-light.

-
Back