1973 340 Duster Resto

-
Ok rebuilt my Holley spreadbore today and dropped the tank. Gonna drain tank and report my findings tomorrow. Also the spark plugs are fowled and the tranny is leakin like a sive so might just pull engine and tranny and regasket everything. And go through it all. Also need to rebuild the rearend cause the axel seals are leakin. And might change to 11 inch rear drums while im at it.

And today I installed my Mirada CMX wheels. Wraped in 225-70 on the front and 275-60 on the rear. They fill up the wheel wells nicely.
Who say 225-70 dont fit on front with no rubbin?

Huh didn't see this. I wonder if the clearance is the same on the Scamp.....I am going to have to move the wheels around and see the clearance. Maybe I can go a smidgen bigger than I was thinking! :D
Your rims look great, not so everyday common, I like them! :thumbup:

If you don't want that fin, I'd gladly take it off your hands!! Also, if you know anyone else who has one and doesn't want it.

Also, those wheels are BEAUTIFUL on that car!!!

- CK

Huh didn't see this. I wonder if the clearance is the same on the Scamp.....I am going to have to move the wheels around and see the clearance. Maybe I can go a smidgen bigger than I was thinking! :D
Your rims look great, not so everyday common, I like them! :thumbup:

Scamp should have same clearence. And a 225-70-15 is same hieght as 275-60-15.
Thanks I love these wheels and from a distance look like Vectors.

If you don't want that fin, I'd gladly take it off your hands!! Also, if you know anyone else who has one and doesn't want it.

Also, those wheels are BEAUTIFUL on that car!!!

- CK
Sorry I am keepin it. And dont know anybody else with one that I havent told someone about already.

If my kid ever dragged a homely lookin car like that home i'd hugg him :)
Ok well did and oil change yesterday and the oil pressure is around 55 PSI when idling cold but once warm drops to 45 PSI and under load goes to 60. Also replaced the Booster and Master Cylinder.

Today tried to start it and it is backfiring. So gonna end up rebuildin my spreadbore Holley and droppin the tank and changin rubber lines.

And today I installed my Mirada CMX wheels. Wraped in 225-70 on the front and 275-60 on the rear. They fill up the wheel wells nicely.
Who say 225-70 dont fit on front with no rubbin?

If my kid ever dragged a homely lookin car like that home i'd hugg him :)

LOL Just need to encourage him. :burnout:

I love it can put a wrench on the fender and not worry of scratches.
I did it and at 15 got it home
And then running and drivin by myself next on the agenda is stoping

Ok When I dropped the tank the top half was very crusty and the bottom had a nice layer of sludge. And found the bottom of the tank is all beat up. Need to order a new one.
Also rebuilt my carb and no leaks except between carb and intake need new gasket.
Also it is still back firing and all plug wires are goin to the right place.
And gotta get a new master the one sittin on the shelf is bad. Once new onecomes in we will rebuild the brake system with all of the chargers parts nd get all new for the Charger
And have to pull rearend apart to rebuild it cause both axel seals blew out and also through in a sure grip and maybe 3.55s

Having a backfiring problem at the moment. With both the Eddy I had on it and the spreadbore. Gettin frustration all wire are on correctly same way as i took them off when new cap was on. I can get it to run if I keep my foot on the gas but if I try to let it Idle it backfires through the carb and dies. Its gettin plenty of gas.
Would a vacuum leak cause it to back fire?

Backfire is generally related to timing. I don't remember, did you put on a new chain and gears? If not could it be too worn?

Ok Found why Holley Spreadbore was drippin gas from the carb the rear accelerator pump rubber had some holes in it. And I didnt have the deeper one like it needs so I went to chang it to the shorter housing with my short rubber and screws are too long and cant find shorter ones.
So may take a trip to the hardware store or maybe one of you guys has four of them you wouldnt mind getting rid of

Once I have the carb fixed I will play with timing.
Probably just need to pull motor and regasket it with new timing chain and gears and stuff it back in.
Or stuff it into the dart till 360 is done

Put the rallyes back on cause tires were 10 bucks. 195-75-14 on all 4 corners. The rear looks funny with such a small tire back there. Changed them cause one the one 275s had a hole and would leak down. Now have good tires for rolling and will shove it into the backyard and put the motor in the Dart

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 9.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 282
  • 8.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 5.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 11.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 12.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 270
Amazing! Im looking for a wing like that for my 73, with no luck..... Oh well keep it up!

Hey Colin,
Been busy cleanin up my other SB K frame and complete front end to swap into the Dart

Not anything notable still gotta yank the motor out and regasket it and the tranny
Get a Power steering system as everything leaks. Only thing that holds fluids is the motor itself
Gotta rebuild the axle cause both seel blew out also need another set of pads for the rear since those are ruined now
Then Patch the hole in the floor and find some seat tracks for bucket seats and then some factory black vinyl flooring

All of this is on hold till Dart gets a motor and finish checking out the structure of this car and see if drivable as is or will need some structural work to be safe to drive

Hows your 73 comin along?

I need exhaust, wiring, rear bumper and front seats. Keep up the good work!

Nice JF1 Duster...I recently picked up a all original 73 Duster 340 JF1 car also....information is hard to find on the color. 1 mopar judge quoted 250 Duster 340's were painted JF1....1.7%!

hey buddy, i'm looking for a rear spoiler exactly like the one that was on your car,
do you want to sell it?
do you know where i can find a new one?
thanks

They were made for MAS back in the day. Im in contact with the orignal moulders and they have all the molds yet. spiolers, front clips, hoodscoops, hoods, etc... They have been interested in making the stuff again if there is any interest.

hey buddy, i'm looking for a rear spoiler exactly like the one that was on your car,
do you want to sell it?
do you know where i can find a new one?
thanks
Not gonna sell fixing for my other 73 Duster...

It is an original Direct Connection Spoiler made of ABS.
These were later copied by MAS out of Fiberglass.

They were made for MAS back in the day. Im in contact with the orignal moulders and they have all the molds yet. spiolers, front clips, hoodscoops, hoods, etc... They have been interested in making the stuff again if there is any interest.

I would take 2 of these rear spoilers and 2 Front Spoilers all dependent on price

-
Back