1973 340 space duster

-
welcome to the site. 27 years in storage is a long time. got any pics? i dont have a specific breakdown on H code 73 space dusters

I have never seen one of those. May have better luck posting in the later A-body section.

I'll work on pictures.. planing on sell at Carlisile Mopar event in July. Also bought factory sheet metal from the dealer stripes and trim. That's when quarter panels and fenders sold for $100.00.....Car is auto. w/ac, power breaks and power steering, and tinted windows with full trim pakage. Sahara biege with black strips and twin snorkel scoop

Hi, Yes it does!!! still runs great after replacing the gas tank. full carpeting in trunk. With the carpeting running up both sides of the quarter panels. Never seen carpet on quarter panels before. Only on this car!

Hoping to get $28,000.00 for it. That includes OEM fenders, Quarters, Fenders, Stripes, Tail light panel and Tail light bezels extra gears for sunroof, and a bunch of other items collected to complete the restoration. 69,000 miles on it. Has cragers on it with small bolt pattern on rear. The 8 1/4 was replaced with a 8 3/4 at some time. Just needs to be redrilled or updated axles with large pattern....What do you think there worth?

Yea, around hear you can buy a nice original 60's big block car for less that 20k. Heck I have seen some non original engine Hemi cars that were really nice for less than 30k.

Not to burst your bubble LOL but for 28k it would have to be an absolute time capsule, and still have that new car smell.

I sold this 2 owner 50,000mile 1973 dart sport, with the fold down rear seat option for only $6,500 a year ago. And it was a struggle to get that! Now I know it was not a 340 car, just a 318. But this car was like new!

Attachments

• deayna 041.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 502
  • Picture 032.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 486
If you are set on $28k, I would say keep it, you will enjoy more working/driving it than trying to get $28k. I know where there is a 66 hemi charger...not original hemi in it, but original hemi car and year correct engine for around $25k...good luck with yer sale

MY340 had one of the nicest 340-sunroof-fold down cars in a great color combo around and the selling price was nowhere close to 28K IIRC. 28K is REALLY nice 70-71 duster/Demon 340, 4 speed, great color combo price territory.

This one sounds like a project needing some serious metal replacement. I have a Dart Sport 340 sunroof/fold down and haven't been able to sell the shell that is in real good shape for $800.

If it's a 4 speed car I'd be surprised if you could get 4K out of it with all the spare parts.

Good luck with your sale.

MY340 had one of the nicest 340-sunroof-fold down cars in a great color combo around and the selling price was nowhere close to 28K IIRC. 28K is REALLY nice 70-71 duster/Demon 340, 4 speed, great color combo price territory.

This one sounds like a project needing some serious metal replacement. I have a Dart Sport 340 sunroof/fold down and haven't been able to sell the shell that is in real good shape for $800.

If it's a 4 speed car I'd be surprised if you could get 4K out of it with all the spare parts.

Where might that shell be located.

I wish I still had mine. It was a 340 4 speed with air.
But a 100 ft oak tree took care of that

Attachments

• 1974 Duster.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 496
  • 1974 Duster 2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 474

Thanks crackedback for the compliments! My old Spaceduster is still in the NY area I believe. The present owner purchased it by trading his 64 Max Wedge clone car for it. The previous owner was asking $26,000 for the Duster but he had repainted it, engine re-gasketed, new clutch and put back to factory specs pretty much except for the cam, heads and carb. He had purchased it from the guy I sold it to in Ohio after selling his 69 1/2 RR 440-6pk clone. It's probably the best example of what is a 1973 340-4spd SpaceDuster. I sold it back in 2008 for $16,000. You can see from what these guys have sold that this A-body is a highly desirable car to many people.

I put alot of time, money and love into that car. Great memories I'll always cherish. It's been in Mopar Muscle magazine and should be in Mopar Collectors guide sometime this summer or fall.

I think you all scared him away..... I don't know if a mint 1 of 1 would get 28k. Its still just a 73 340 Duster. Maybe Chrysler Corp will buy it back for the museum.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1970-1976-plymouth-duster10.htm

I think space referred to it being roomy, not as per "Outer Space".... I think any fold down rear seat and sun roof car could be referred to as a "Space Duster". I've always heard them called convertriples....

I think space referred to it being roomy, not as per "Outer Space".... I think any fold down rear seat and sun roof car could be referred to as a "Space Duster". I've always heard them called convertriples....

Dart Sports were Convertriples
http://www.foundationpc.com/brochure/73dartad.html

Dusters were Space Dusters
spaceduster.jpg

There ya go! That makes sense to me. So really nothing that rare about them.

When I read the thread title I was expecting a Duster version of a Hang Ten with a crazy space themed stripe package with a Saturn rocket burning down the side. Black with yellow speckled carpet and a black head liner covered in them little glow in the dark stars that glow after night like in my kids room. That might be worth 28k

-
Back