1973 360 motor home engine questions

-

Litz

Reaction score
I bought a 73 360 2bbl motor home engine and T-flite to replace the 273 in my 65 Valiant and was wondering if it would be any different than a passenger car engine. The crank is drilled for a manual trans other than that and the rear sump pan I can't see any difference unless maybe the exh manifolds? The engine only has 46,000 miles on it so for now I'm going with a 4bbl intake and carb, headers, and possibly try to find a cam to match the engine. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. thx, Litz

It's the same as a car engine except the oil pan,exhaust manifolds and kickdown linkage. The cranks are all drilled for the manual trans but don't have the bushing in them if they were in an automatic vehicle. There is a specific # oil pan for putting 360's in early A cars.

The truck/ 2bbl may not have much of a cam, I don't know what all they used. Make sure you verify by measurement that the depth of the pilot hole will clear the input shaft.

It's the same as a car engine except the oil pan,exhaust manifolds and kickdown linkage. The cranks are all drilled for the manual trans but don't have the bushing in them if they were in an automatic vehicle. There is a specific # oil pan for putting 360's in early A cars.
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can locate the correct pan and pickup. Mancini maybe?

The cam to match the engine is the stock one unless you upgrade to matching valve springs.

The cam to match the engine is the stock one unless you upgrade to matching valve springs.
Yeah, I've never replaced a cam without replacing the springs, and lifters. Not sure how to pick a cam for this low comp. engine. Let the research begin. LOL Thanks for the reply

Yeah, I've never replaced a cam without replacing the springs, and lifters. Not sure how to pick a cam for this low comp. engine. Let the research begin. LOL Thanks for the reply

One of the smaller VooDoo grinds would be good. Maybe like the 262.

-
Back