1973 Dart Sport or Demon

-

efriedrich

69 383S
Reaction score
I just looked at a 73 Dart. Its in need of a lot of TlC but it doesn't look to bad and it seems to be all there with very little rot (the trunk, inner fenders and rocker panels and floor boards all looked good) . I decoded the fender tag and it reads as follows. What I want to know is this car anything special (other than just being a cool *** Dart). Is it a Dart sport or a Demon, (when I decoded it both popped up). It also has the dual scope hood (Is this correct for the car), and a green plaid interior which is trashed. It has a shitty green old paint job on it which I'm sure may be hiding some things. I'm going back tomorrow with a flash light to look it over better in the light as its been sitting in a old farm garage for years!!!. The asking price is $1800 but I might be able to shave 2 or 3 off of that. Sounds fair, what do you guys think. He says its the original motor but who knows. Does any body have a finished car that resembles this one they could post a picture of. Also should this car have an 8 1/4 rearend and should it have a 727 or a 904. Anything else I should be looking for. Also there is no vinyl top either, I didn't realize till I decoded the tag that it was supposed to have one.Thanks for any help. Seems like it could be a cool car but will be lots of work. If its not very solid when I look at it tomorrow I will probably pass. I dont need a rust bucket.

LL29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop

03B: Unknown
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
JF8: Dark Green Poly Exterior Color
A1F6: Trim - Basic, Unknown, Green
000: Full Door Panels
A05: Build Date: October 05
100792: Order number

V1F: Full Vinyl Top, Green
U: USA Specifications
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C73: 69 only Fold Down Rear Seat
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater

M21: Roof drip rail moldings
N76: Coolant Recovery System
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
26: 26in Radiator
EN1: End of Sales Codes

the 1973 sport is pretty straight foward its deff a dart sport not demon seeing as it ended in 1972 the hood scoop is a nice option other then that its just one of the last true muscle cars seeing as is still could be optioned with the 340 would be a 8 1/4 and a 904 318 or 340 the 8 3/4 were gone for 1973 no 727s either I think I would buy that car up for 1500

-
Back