-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor B

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I have decided to sell my 1973 Dodge Dart Sport (the 1973-74 version of the Demon). It is ugly but beautiful. Could be the perfect rat rod or restoration.
Car is located in Novato, California, 94949

It is an original 340 car with AC and I even have the original 340 short block (which would need rebuilding). I built this car for the drag strip and it has the legendary Mopar “360/380” - the performance crate engine of the 1990s.
It is stripped down but I have nearly all of the original parts, see below.
The car runs consistently mid-12” quarter miles in normal weather (time slips to back it up) and is well-known on the Sonoma Raceway. We even won the Wednesday Night Drags.

It has:
360 magnum engine (360/380: M1 intake, roller cam, all the goodies, and a serpentine belt system from a Grand Cherokee)
TTI headers
750 Holley double pumper
GM HEI ignition module
Mechanical timing limiter in distributor allowing for 20 BTC at idle
3500 stall converter
Rebuilt Torqueflite 904 with reverse manual valve body
8.25" professionally rebuilt rear end with suregrip 3.92 gears
Manual brakes with discs in front
Newer leaf springs + Bilstein shocks
Line lock
Manual steering
Trans cooler
Recaro bucket seats
Gas tank is 5 years old and clean
The electric fuel pump and fan are manually controlled with switches in the car
The horn and lights work

Car is riding on 15” steel rims and has Mickey Thompson slicks on the back.

It's got some other cars' parts on it as it was built to replace my ’73 Duster that got wrecked on the dragstrip (for sentimental value only):
Passenger door, deck lid
Dash and steering column
Recaro bucket seats
Hood and front valence is off a 73 Dart but I cut a hole in the hood so I could put a big carb riser and air cleaner on it.

I have all of the original parts as well (including hood, deck lid, and valence), if you wanted to put them back on the car, including the rear fold down seats, dash with air, almost all of the interior trim, etc.

When I got it, the car had been sitting for a while and had some rust in the floor and trunk. the driver’s side floor was replaced (one piece) and the spare tire well was replaced with the one from the wrecked car. The body is otherwise straight.

Needs:
Passenger floor pan is stitched together. It is totally solid but could use a new pan.
Transmission has a slight drip from one of the lines.
Paint was originally CK6 “Bronze Poly” and needs some love.

The parts in this car are worth a lot more than my selling price but I really don’t want to disassemble and disable it.

$9000 or best reasonable offer

20221103_143431.jpg

20221103_143422.jpg

20221103_143410.jpg

20221103_143349.jpg

20221103_143513.jpg

20221103_143552.jpg

20221103_143611.jpg

10_21_20 Bracket Win.jpg

Ugly but cool. What seats are in the car Trevor?

They are Recaro. Very comfortable.
I welded some 1/8" metal squares to the floor pan on both sides to reinforce the mounting points.

Thanks, I'm looking for some late model seats that look like that, for a 72 Demon, not really sure what fits though.Your car is cool and I may be interested, but I'd have to see it in person and you're a little too far away for me. I'm thinking of going to Vegas and LA in the next couple weeks. It would use a hell of a lot of gas, but do you think I could drive back to NJ... like a Power Tour kind of thing lol

You can pretty much make anything fit. Just if it was a bench seat car, you will have to drill new holes and it's a good idea to reinforce the sheet metal!

Thanks, I'm looking for some late model seats that look like that, for a 72 Demon, not really sure what fits though.Your car is cool and I may be interested, but I'd have to see it in person and you're a little too far away for me. I'm thinking of going to Vegas and LA in the next couple weeks. It would use a hell of a lot of gas, but do you think I could drive back to NJ... like a Power Tour kind of thing lol
You interested in buying the car? PM the seller if you want to have a conversation about the seats. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back