1973 Dart with sunroof

-

scrag

Reaction score
We just picked up 1973 Dart Swinger with a factory sunroof - so far everyone seems to think that was pretty unusual and upped the cars cool factor for my son.
Car currently has a slant six, 904 transmission - runs no issues and my son is driving the car to school. It also has drum brakes on all four corners.
There is some rust and few holes in the trunk - but very workable as far as repairs.
Here is what we are contemplating:
We recently took apart a 1971 Dart essentially removing the rear end, V-8 K frame though the engine and transmission were trash. we also salvaged most of the interior. I also have a 78 360 which I can use. So we are thinking about swapping the V-8 parts into the car but with the sunroof I am worried that it maybe a better call to leave it alone - maybe freshin the 225 up.
Not an expert on this and I am looking for some advice.
Thanks

my opinon = The 73 Dart will never be worth much, even with some nicer options. I say make it your own and do what you want to it. Sounds like a great candidate for the v8. Thats what I would do.

-RPM

my opinon = The 73 Dart will never be worth much, even with some nicer options. I say make it your own and do what you want to it. Sounds like a great candidate for the v8. Thats what I would do.

-RPM

x2

Do the v8 swap. I have the 360 car oil pan if you need it.

Sunroofs are rare. Who knows what a complete one might be worth to someone restoring a space duster.

Sunroofs are rare. Who knows what a complete one might be worth to someone restoring a space duster.

Since I have a complete working Duster/Dart Sport sunroof and noting to put it in (yet), just out of curiosity what are they worth?

No there was a number of things I would do differently in hind sight. I agree I like the appearance of 71 Dart/Demons front ends. I am not a fan of the 73 but the sunroof and the car being something Brandon could drive.

-
Back