1973 dodge charger 318 good ideo or a bad one?

-
I had a 73 Charger back in the 80's with a 440 in it. I loved that power bulge hood. It ran 15.20's stock. Later I built a mild engine for it with a converter, gear and headers and it would run 13.00 with just slicks. If I uncapped the headers it ran 12.80's. I eventually got it down to 11.40's but it's a heavy beast. Mine weighed in at 4200 lbs. It would hook in the dirt though.

It was a nice car I really liked it but it was big and heavy.

I had a 73 Charger back in the 80's with a 440 in it. I loved that power bulge hood. It ran 15.20's stock. Later I built a mild engine for it with a converter, gear and headers and it would run 13.00 with just slicks. If I uncapped the headers it ran 12.80's. I eventually got it down to 11.40's but it's a heavy beast. Mine weighed in at 4200 lbs. It would hook in the dirt though.

It was a nice car I really liked it but it was big and heavy.

Is big and heavy a bad thing? For street i think not but racing I agree! Theres still the whole budget and finding car In said budget lol! Did you see your Charger or do you still have it?

Go with the summer job, you'll make way more money (esp. if full-time). Better yet do both!

Just keep looking on craigslist at stuff that fits your budget and try to get the nicest car possible that you can afford. The two things that make or break the "right" car for me are the engine (type, condition) and rust. If you're looking for something around $2-3k you're gonna have to stick with /6 and 318-powered cars, unless you land a 383 C-body or something of the like. In fact my cousin just bought a decently clean and very low-mileage 440-powered 1972 Dodge Polara for $2500. It might be heavier than the more popular Mopars but boy is it comfortable and roomy, and 440s overpower anything under 6000 lbs. anyway (lol).

Well it comes down to state laws... If I can work full time some where I will! I have 4 applications to 3 diffrent kind of jobs 1 is to work on lawn movers and riding lawn movers, stuff like that 2nd is a POSSIBLE landscaping job and fast food.

Heres another question thats not so much about the engine (more info would be cool) But are bench seats easy to replace and put buckets in instead?

Yeah so my grandpa gave me his 76 duster 318 just before he pased. awesome car been in the garage all its life. well i wanted to keep the heart and soul of her the same for grandpas sake so i kept the 318 bored it 60 over put an intake, headers, lite cam and 360 heads on her for about 600 bucks. shes not a moster but man she runs like a champ!

Is big and heavy a bad thing? For street i think not but racing I agree! Theres still the whole budget and finding car In said budget lol! Did you see your Charger or do you still have it?

No big and heavy isn't a bad thing but...

No I don't have it any longer. I've seen it a few times shortly after I sold it but haven't seen it in nearly 20 years now.

No big and heavy isn't a bad thing but...

No I don't have it any longer. I've seen it a few times shortly after I sold it but haven't seen it in nearly 20 years now.

Oh... Do you think itd be a good first car/mopar? I might have said this but I've seen the 318s sell at pretty good prices so yea kno I wanna shoot for one!

-
Back