1973 Dodge Charger seats in a Dart-a few questions

-

lee g

Reaction score
From what I have found on the internet the bucket seats appear to be the same for 1971-74 A,B, and possibly E bodies. I know the tracks are different but I need seat covers and foam for the bucket seats as well as the hard plastic seat covers that go on the back. I would like to order them as a package (front buckets and rear bench) and recover them myself and if there is not any true difference, other than the patterns sewn into the vinyl) I could just order a 1971 Dart vinyl seat kit from PG classics. Any info would be helpful before I order.

Its not quite that simple. Some/ many bucket seats built up thru 74 didn't have the
hard plastic backs. The foam is also different for different style sewn covers. If you want a particular year seat cover you need to know if the cover you want has hard backs or not. Then
choose your frames accordingly.
Foam needs to match covers also.

Ok. I was unaware of the back seat cover not being on all early 70's bucket seats. I knew the foam and patterns changed (after some more reading) but aren't the seat frames the same?

I could be wrong on this but I think 72 73 74 all Dont use the hard backs.
If you have 70 71 frames and the correct foam for your covers you should be good

Found a local guy to recover the seats. Now just need to save the $$$. Will be purchasing new seat foam and hard backs for them.

I don't know all the different Charger buckets but I know if the seat is too wide, it wont fit. They'll hit the console and the door.

The fellow I bought them from had a set in his 1970 dart with a console and they fit. I will put them in this weekend for a trial fit.

-
Back