Status
Not open for further replies.

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
For Sale is my 1973 dodge Dart Swinger. I bought this car from the original owner back in 08, a little old lady back when i lived in Ca. This car had sat almost my entire childhood in the same spot, after 10 years i finally got her to sell it to me.

Anyways about the car, this is a slant six 225ci engine, 904 TF auto with stock converter, and the high option 8.25 rear with 3.21 gears. It has factory 10.75" disc brakes up front and 10" drums on the back. This is a green on green car but had a white vinyl top ( i removed the top and sandblasted, then epoxy primed the roof to remove the little bit of rust it had).

The Good & New

Under The Hood:
Blue Streak Cap and rotor (brass contacts)
8.5mm plug wires
Re-curved distributor for better hp/mpg
Petronix 60K volt E Coil (it bites!)(on a relay)
NGK plugs
New Alternator
New Battery
New Voltage Regulator
New Clutch fan and Clutch
New Water pump and Thermostat (180*)
New Freeze plugs
Blasted and Painted intake/exhaust manifold, Milled surfaced and new gaskets
Custom Carb heat shield
New Valve Cover Gasket
New Chevy Brake Booster (adpated) and Mopar 1.25" Bore master cylinder
Recent Valve Lash, dead quite
Only 5% leak down on all cylinders while warm with no extra oil

Drive-Train:
New front brakes (pads and rotors)
New tires (4x)
Trans flush ATF+4
New Flowmaster Super 50 Delta flow muffler
Brake Fluid Flush

Body/Interior:
New fuel filler neck
New gas cap and tank seal (tank was rust free and clean)
Sony deck with Polk 6x9 3 ways
Autometer GS boost/vacuum gauge
Sill Plates
Side Marker Lights

The Issues:
I rebuilt the carb, rejetted it, adjusted the bleeds and got it running great but soon after the carb started to foul again. It looks like you can get new/reman holley 1920's on rockauto again. Even still will pass smog and gets 16mpg during the summer. Its only at idle does it have a "miss".

Trans shifts fine hot or cold, sometimes it shifts kind of hard on the 1-2 shift. I have reduced it to a sticking shuttle valve or weak accumulator spring. Both are easy fixes while doing a shift kit!

Drives seat has gone down hill this summer but the foam is not falling apart and no springs sticking out.

The Uninstalled

I had a protouring idea for this car, so installed is already a new pair of leaf springs, 1" front torsion bars, and a 1 1/8" sway bar. Even with these it still rides very nice, not jarring or rough at all. I have all new upper tube arms, weld on stiffeners, adjustable strut rods, bushings and lots of other parts im throwing in to rebuild the front end.

Also have a comp cams 264 cam and lifters for this engine

This is a nice little Swinger, great for a first car or parent child project. I know my dad and I spent alot of hours on it! Im asking $5000 but will take offers

Thanks
Ed

P.S. have the original service manual!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4608422757.html

Attachments

• 100_6288.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 978
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back