1973 Duster & Dart Sport 340 SUNROOF cars

-
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I saw that he has not been on here in a while. I think I read in one of his posts somewhere that he ended up selling his car, and therefore he likely has lost interest in maintaining the 340 sunroof A-body registry that he took care of. I wish I could contact him to see if he would be willing to pass on his registry to supplement the Mopar Sunroof Registry that I have started. Do the moderators have access to members emails? If so, any chance you could drop him a message and let him know I would like to reach out to him and see if he is willing to pass on his registry info? Thanks in advance! Scott Rudge - [email protected]
We don't have access to members e mails. It would be a good idea if you would start a new thread about the registry and have the interested members contact you through a Personal Message to get your e-mail address. Posting it directly on the sire isn't a good idea for your internet security.

We don't have access to members e mails. It would be a good idea if you would start a new thread about the registry and have the interested members contact you through a Personal Message to get your e-mail address. Posting it directly on the sire isn't a good idea for your internet security.
Thanks Mike - no worries - its the registry email that is posted to the world on the Mopar Sunroof Registry website.

Thanks Mike - no worries - its the registry email that is posted to the world on the Mopar Sunroof Registry website.
Good to know. I would still start a thread in Body and trim or Mopar General forum. I can make it a sticky so it stays at the top of the listing.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, I saw that he has not been on here in a while. I think I read in one of his posts somewhere that he ended up selling his car, and therefore he likely has lost interest in maintaining the 340 sunroof A-body registry that he took care of. I wish I could contact him to see if he would be willing to pass on his registry to supplement the Mopar Sunroof Registry that I have started. Do the moderators have access to members emails? If so, any chance you could drop him a message and let him know I would like to reach out to him and see if he is willing to pass on his registry info? Thanks in advance! Scott Rudge - [email protected]
Thank you for taking it on ..glad to see someone can do this

My name is Rex, I have a b5 Blue 73 duster 340 4 speed with sunroof . I am actually looking for all the parts I have the top skin of the sunroof only..

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get together a data base/archive of all 1973 sunroof 340 A-body cars that still exist. Please send me the fender tag data or a good description of the car with it's options. If you have a fender tag of one that was parted out or a friend who has one please send that info also.

Later on when I have enough info I may have a website with general info and pics of various cars. No personal info will be used in any way only general info on the cars. Please post, PM

TIA :salute:

My name is Rex, I have a b5 Blue 73 duster 340 4 speed with sunroof . I am actually looking for all the parts I have the top skin of the sunroof only..
Mine is a Y 28 code 73 with lay down back seat, 4 speed, /AC

104_0038.JPG

104_0162.JPG

Very cool car Lonnie! The R in the vehicle order number (R52429) along with the Y28 (I assume you found a buildsheet) means that this was a Public Relations car. So it was ordered up to do some sort of duty before it was sent off to a dealership for eventual sale. These public relation duties could range from the car being in a commercial, to a photoshoot for a magazine ad, maybe it was slated to be in a major auto show, or it could have been designated to participate in a big cities' parade with a hot girl standing up through the sunroof opening. Hard to say what it got to do early in its life, but regardless, its a good looking car! Congrats!

Hey Rex, I don't think MY340 is participating in this forum anymore. I think he sold his 340 sunroof car and has moved along. Sounds like you have a pretty cool one yourself with the 4-speed and great color. Sunroof parts are tough to come by, but they are out there. Best thing to do is a parts wanted post on this forum and any other mopar forum that is A body related. There is also a Facebook group called: Mopar A body sunroof cars. I would post on a few of the Facebook A Body pages also. Good luck!

Very cool car Lonnie! The R in the vehicle order number (R52429) along with the Y28 (I assume you found a buildsheet) means that this was a Public Relations car. So it was ordered up to do some sort of duty before it was sent off to a dealership for eventual sale. These public relation duties could range from the car being in a commercial, to a photoshoot for a magazine ad, maybe it was slated to be in a major auto show, or it could have been designated to participate in a big cities' parade with a hot girl standing up through the sunroof opening. Hard to say what it got to do early in its life, but regardless, its a good looking car! Congrats!
Yea i have talked to a few People and they think it was for Chicago auto show .Because it also has the show car finish code box filled and 1/17/73 Build date And yes i found one good one and parts of the one under drivers seat

-
Back