1973 Duster Hood Question

-

73moparman

Reaction score
Hey all, working on a 1973 duster and want to change the hood to one with the dual snorkel. I plan on buying the hood and scoop but does the scoop get molded in the hood or?

Hey all, working on a 1973 duster and want to change the hood to one with the dual snorkel. I plan on buying the hood and scoop but does the scoop get molded in the hood or?

The dual snorkel is a bolt on unit so you can use with your stock hood.

The dual snorkel is a bolt on unit so you can use with your stock hood.

My hood Is hail damaged that why I was looking into fiberglass. Does a fiberglass mount the same way? Can the dual snorkel be used with a air gapper in take. My air cleaner sticks above the hood so I would have to cut a hole.

Not sure about glass, but a stock steel hood will not accept any aircleaner sticking thru the hood.

What aircleaner do you have, maybe try an aftermarked drop base one.

What do you have now on it for an aircleaner?
A picture would help.

I am running a LD340 intake with a spacer plate under the carb, 700 holley DP on mine. Drop base $20 aircleaner from summit and it clears the stock hood.

What do you have now on it for an aircleaner?
A picture would help.

I am running a LD340 intake with a spacer plate under the carb, 700 holley DP on mine. Drop base $20 aircleaner from summit and it clears the stock hood.

Okay that sounds good. I guess my only other question is if a fiberglass hood mounts like a factory hood

Okay that sounds good. I guess my only other question is if a fiberglass hood mounts like a factory hood

Depends on what hood you buy some are just drop on and pin. If you do go with a fiberglass hood you need to reduce the spring tension on the hangers or you will eventually crack and break the hood.

Take a look at aar fiberglass, they should have that hood and I know they make the snorkel scoop. I think they can also make the hood with the scoop molded in.

-
Back