1973 Plymouth Duster LCA needed

-

plymouthy

Reaction score
My son was forced off the freeway (driver on a cell phone) and spun out tweaking the Driver Side lower control arm. I had just rebuilt the entire front end from the PS gear box to bearings. Unfortunately he also tagged a tree which pretty much destroyed the rear quarter panel. He needs basic transportation for school so I am willing to help him replace the LCA and hope for the best on alignment. I have been trying to find replacement LCA's but not much luck, can anyone point us in the right direction? We would like to replace just the damaged one, since we will probably part out the car once we find a replacement (bad body damage).
Will we need special tools to remove LCA?
1973 duster v8, disc's with swaybar. thanks
tim

Or, check out any of the Northern California Pick-N-Pull wrecking yards for A body cars.
There are a couple of A body's in each one.
Check out their inventory listings online.

You won't find any cars with sway bars on the LCA's, but could you delicately remove the old sway bar mount from the bent arm, and then weld it onto an arm that you can get at the wrecking yard?
Or, is the sway bar mount tab bent to heck, also?

hemi71x, if the body wasn't damaged so bad I would grab those, we will probably try a used one for now, then remove the drivetrain and decent parts for the next project. thanks
tim

I believe the Fresno Pick-N-Pull has what you need (or did a week or so ago). I do have spare LCAs and am willing to put a bushing in one (I think I have a quality USA-made bushing on the shelf, too). The problem is the sway bar tab. You can cut yours off and weld it onto the replacement arm, which is probably what I would do. The bushing is $20 and installing it would be $35. The arm, itself, would be $10. I usually clean, blast and take the slop out of the arms for the $35. If you want faster turnaround we can forego the clean and blast. I'm also not too far that you could come pick it up any evening this week in Fresno.

I'd make sure there isn't more damage to the front end, too.

I have one if you didn't already get one. It was on a parts car that had the tab on just the drivers side. Let me know, in Oregon so shipping should not be to bad.

Attachments

• Picture 981.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 143
I have one if you didn't already get one. It was on a parts car that had the tab on just the drivers side. Let me know, in Oregon so shipping should not be to bad.
If I'm not mistaken, that arm is for a '72 and earlier swaybar setup.

The LCA in the above poster's picture IS, a 73-76 A body arm.
65-72 LCA's that use a sway bar, the mount tab will be outboard, by the ball joint stud hole.

After looking at it again...Yeah, you're right. I was looking at it as if it were oriented differently. :(

Thanks everyone for the help, Dustya in San Jose set me up with a LCA AND replacement grill. Now I'm spending the weekend under the car. Thanks again, its great having this site available and its good to see the young guys involved in old Mopar's
Tim

was glad to help you out and good to talk Tim. hope to see your sons duster on the road soon
stephon

-
Back